Hope for Yemen: Fundraising auction, poly-sponsored, educational event about Yemen Coffee

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Chert

#1: Post by Chert »

Check the link, sign up and drive those auction items' prices up, folks. Sounds like an interesting event.

Amal Yemen tranlates to english Hope for Yemen.
LMWDP #198

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Thanks for posting this, I came across your post just 30 minutes before the event started while googling where to get some Yemeni beans. I ordered the Gold Package: The Amal Yemen Coffee Kit
LMWDP #371

Advertisement
Chert (original poster)

#3: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Glad to have done so.

At least from my on-line position, the event doesn't seem to be live, however. The auction is. I was able to drop a bid on a COE lot.
LMWDP #198

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by TenLayers »

I've been watching the event now for close to an hour and half at this point.
Super interesting.

Chert (original poster)

#5: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I got on board by youtube link about 1.5 hours in. Interesting presentations: much more than just history of coffee, Yemen coffee genetics, potential of expansion of production and farmer prosperity, BBC Yemeni reporter (Nawal Al Maghani) on the war, and resulting poverty on a beautiful, resilient but suffering people, beautiful Oud music by Ahmed Al Shaiba - he's got it right: music and coffee are great together - and now Q & A.
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#6: Post by Chert (original poster) »

The first 36 minutes have some technical difficulties and a tasting of 5 Qima coffees tasted group zoomwise, led by Intelligentsia Coffee co-owner Geoff Watts.
LMWDP #198

Sideshow

#7: Post by Sideshow »

How about a nice list of good coffee spots in Sanaa? I would be impressed with that. :D