Going to SCA Boston? - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
sweaner

Postby sweaner » Feb 13, 2019, 9:29 pm

ira wrote:Well, I just finished signing up. I liked Seattle better, hotels were $100/night less, and my hotel was walking distance, now I'm 2 miles away.

Ira

Ira, which days will you be there?
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com

Iowa_Boy

Postby Iowa_Boy » Feb 13, 2019, 11:16 pm

Séb wrote:Absolutely not clear. I asked them how to buy multiple badge and they told me it is not possible, i need to create a profile for each person and buy one at a time!? And i do not know also if a one day Expo badge let me go on the thursday Activities Hall like you said. If someone know, let us know. I will probably have to call them i guess as this is the last day for the special rate.

I heard back from them. An expo Badge only includes the activity hall for that day.
So I think I will likely get the Coffee enthusiast badge to cover activities hall Thurs-Sun and Expo Sunday. And then may add the one day Expo either Fri or Saturday.

ira

Postby ira » Feb 14, 2019, 1:35 am

sweaner wrote:Ira, which days will you be there?

All three. Arrive Thursday at 9:00pm, leave Sunday 9:00pm or so.

Ira

Séb

Postby Séb » Feb 14, 2019, 1:18 pm

Iowa_Boy wrote:I heard back from them. An expo Badge only includes the activity hall for that day.
So I think I will likely get the Coffee enthusiast badge to cover activities hall Thurs-Sun and Expo Sunday. And then may add the one day Expo either Fri or Saturday.

This is what i wanted to do but i am unable to buy two badge on my account. I can only get one! Here is their reply:

"Everything that is included with the Activities badge is already included in your One Day Friday Expo Badge. Therefore you do not need two badges.

Your Friday Expo Badge allows you access to:

Exhibits, Lectures and Activities Hall on the selected day.

If you are interested in attending events that are occurring on Thursday, you will need a 3 day expo pass. You can not purchase two badges. "

So that mean if i am going there on thursday and only have the friday Expo badge i will not be able to only buy an Activities Hall badge for the thursday?? Maybe i can't buy online but will be able to buy at the show the thursday activities hall pass? Hope so, if not then we will visit Boston ;)

Iowa_Boy

Postby Iowa_Boy » Feb 14, 2019, 1:36 pm

Séb wrote:This is what i wanted to do but i am unable to buy two badge on my account. I can only get one! Here is their reply:

"Everything that is included with the Activities badge is already included in your One Day Friday Expo Badge. Therefore you do not need two badges.

Your Friday Expo Badge allows you access to:

Exhibits, Lectures and Activities Hall on the selected day.

If you are interested in attending events that are occurring on Thursday, you will need a 3 day expo pass. You can not purchase two badges. "

So that mean if i am going there on thursday and only have the friday Expo badge i will not be able to only buy an Activities Hall badge for the thursday?? Maybe i can't buy online but will be able to buy at the show the thursday activities hall pass? Hope so, if not then we will visit Boston ;)

That's disappointing. Not a great registration process at all. Pricing makes no sense. Two day expo badge should have been 1 day + Coffee enthusiast price. I already purchased the Coffee enthusiast badge and was planning to also purchase a 1 day badge. Very annoying!

Paul_Pratt

Postby Paul_Pratt » Feb 21, 2019, 6:26 am

I will be there with Cafelat booth 124 and looking forward to catching up and meeting many of you.

Marshall

Postby Marshall » Feb 21, 2019, 12:26 pm

Glad to see you back, Paul!
Marshall
Los Angeles

EddyQ

Postby EddyQ » Feb 21, 2019, 9:34 pm

ira wrote:This year will probably cost over $500 more than Seattle just because it's Boston and everything is sold out because of the boat show.

Boat show? It is likely the Boston Marathon that is drawing in many people.

Edit: The link below is for the Boston Marathon expo. Same dates. Much more people than Coffee Expo. If you are in town, you may want to spend some time there as well. Especially if you are an athlete.
https://www.baa.org/expo

EddyQ

Postby EddyQ » Mar 15, 2019, 12:05 pm

I just came across a really cool way for a bunch of us to tag up. Scott Rao is having some Masterclass Roasting classes in Boston!
https://www.eventbrite.com/o/scott-rao-13038584643

I signed up for Thursday class at Broadsheet Coffee Roasters.
Incidently, HBer Aaron "aaronotb" is the owner/head roaster of Broadsheet Coffee. Really nice guy and currently competing at the US Championship in Kansas City!

I suspect the class will sell out.