Going to SCA Boston? - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
primacoffee
Sponsor

#11: Post by primacoffee »

Iowa_Boy wrote:I will likely be coming in for this.
What are the best things to do? I am trying to figure out all the registration options and its a bit confusing.
Is the expo the main thing to attend? It looks like with the lower level registration you can only go to that on Sunday.
The Expo is the main thing for most attendees, but there are also classes/workshops and competitions. I believe the Activities Hall is where the World Barista Championship and World Brewers Cup will be held, along with the Roasters Village and Market, plus service areas like the BGA Cafe. The Enthusiast badge is indeed only for Sunday access to the Expo hall with full weekend access to the Activities Hall. Sundays are usually business as usual until later in the afternoon, but it's a lot to take in in just one day unless you plan ahead. This is a World Championship year, so there will be lots of notable coffee pros in attendance from all over, and most are quite approachable if you want to chat with champs!

We will be there at booth 418 with Ancap USA, and it would be a pleasure to meet more HB folks. I can't announce our booth plans yet, but I can say it is going to be espresso-focused and I think a lot of y'all will find it fun! For new things to see, the "Black Box Grinder" that Nick Cho announced will be there at booth 1383, La Marzocco's new KB90 will be on display at booth 431, Duvall is exhibiting their machine again at booth 254, Dalla Corte will likely have their new machine at booth 131, and Mahlkonig might have the E65S at booth 559. There is plenty more to be announced, I'm sure, as March and April are more popular times to tease things about booth reveals. However, it's also a HOST year, so some might hold off entirely until October.

You can see the full list of exhibitors and Expo map here: https://www.coffeeexpo.info/sca2019/pub ... x?shmode=E
Prima Coffee
888-837-7892
4603 Poplar Level Rd
Louisville, KY 40213
http://prima-coffee.com

sweaner (original poster)

#12: Post by sweaner (original poster) »

I just ordered this custom polo for the SCA. Anyone going can look for me.

Dan will be suing me for a copyright infringement soon! Got it from https://www.promotique.com/ for about $30.

Scott
LMWDP #248

Marshall

#13: Post by Marshall »

In addition to the special Enthusiast rate, Sunday is swag day. As exhibitors get ready to pack up, many of them will be selling their wares at substantial discounts to avoid shipping them home. Often the sales are cash only, so bring some green!
Marshall
Los Angeles

Iowa_Boy

#14: Post by Iowa_Boy »

It seems like the best "deal" is to get a 1 day EXPO badge and the Coffee enthusiast badge. That would get me Sunday expo and another day at the expo for $250 ($195 + $55) which would be less than a two day expo rate of $295. Am I reading that correctly?

brianl

#15: Post by brianl »

Attending is definitely on my radar but I was initially confused with all the badge options.

sweaner (original poster)

#16: Post by sweaner (original poster) replying to brianl »

I went with the 2-day rate. Sad that us "enthusiasts" could not get 2 days otherwise.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Séb

#17: Post by Séb »

I just bought a one day Expo badge for friday but i also want to get a thursday Activities Hall badge but i have no idea how i can do it!? It is also impossible to buy more than one ticket at a time.

Iowa_Boy

#18: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Séb wrote:I just bought a one day Expo badge for friday but i also want to get a thursday Activities Hall badge but i have no idea how i can do it!? It is also impossible to buy more than one ticket at a time.
Agree it's confusing. Does a one day Expo badge cover the Activities Hall for all days? Seems like it would but not sure. May be worth contacting them directly to ask.

Séb

#19: Post by Séb replying to Iowa_Boy »

Absolutely not clear. I asked them how to buy multiple badge and they told me it is not possible, i need to create a profile for each person and buy one at a time!? And i do not know also if a one day Expo badge let me go on the thursday Activities Hall like you said. If someone know, let us know. I will probably have to call them i guess as this is the last day for the special rate.

ira
Team HB

#20: Post by ira »

Well, I just finished signing up. I liked Seattle better, hotels were $100/night less, and my hotel was walking distance, now I'm 2 miles away, still walking distance if the weather is workable, but a lot farther. This year will probably cost over $500 more than Seattle just because it's Boston and everything is sold out because of the boat show. If you see this on a shirt, it's probably me if you want to say hello.

Ira