Friday mornings at Counter Culture Coffee HQ in Durham, NC - Page 5

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
day

#41: Post by day » Dec 19, 2018, 4:21 pm

smite wrote:I will finally be able to drop by this Friday AM and will bring my DE1 plus if I do. I was planning on coming back late summer and ended up being called away for business travel.

Anyone interested in dropping by Friday AM to check it out?
I don't think we have ever chatted here but I live in sc and will send out some feelers to see how mad it would make my wife. If I do anyone want me to bring a CT-1? Or no reason to? I am not very experienced with it though so it's probably not necessary but let me know
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

HB
Admin

#42: Post by HB » Dec 19, 2018, 8:00 pm

I haven't been there in awhile, but I can make it this Friday. Could be fun! Keep in mind that they boot the espresso hounds out around 9am to prepare for the cupping at 10am.
Dan Kehn

smite

#43: Post by smite » Dec 20, 2018, 3:20 pm

Sounds good, do you think 7:30 is a good time to show up?

day

#44: Post by day » Dec 20, 2018, 3:48 pm

Dang it didn't go well, Christmas weekend and all not the time for me to hit the road.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

HB
Admin

#45: Post by HB » Dec 20, 2018, 4:54 pm

Whoops! Just got this reminder. Will have to wait until next year. :D
Penelope at CCC wrote:I'm writing to send out a friendly reminder that we will not be holding an espresso meet-up tomorrow (12/21) or the following Friday (12/28) but looking forward to continuing the 8:00 a.m. coffee meet-up in the new year on 1/4/19!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday celebration and happy new year!
Dan Kehn

beta14ok

#46: Post by beta14ok » Jan 31, 2019, 8:27 am

Checkin-in with the ol' Durham Espresso Geek Crew.......

Any of the usual suspects gonna be around for this Friday Morning, (01Feb19), @ CCC HQ ?? What's the usual arrival time these day?

I'm gonna be in town.....I can hang until ~9:30-ish.

Cheers,
dmm

smite

#47: Post by smite » Apr 07, 2019, 12:35 am

I might drop on by this Friday AM with a friend who is visiting from LA. Anyone else able to attend?

a1970gto@gmail.com

#48: Post by a1970gto@gmail.com » Apr 25, 2019, 9:42 am

I have class every day @8:30 in Cary, so I doubt I'll be able to stop by in the morning, but I will most definitely be coming by sometime in the evening, assuming you're open that late.

Is there a good place to go in Cary every morning? I didn't think carrying all of my gear on the plane would be a good idea.

HB
Admin

#49: Post by HB » Apr 26, 2019, 2:29 pm

The training center is only open to the public 8-11am on Fridays. I cannot think of a Cary cafe that'd I'd recommend. Jubala in Raleigh and Caffe Driade in Chapel Hill are consistently good. La Farm Bakery's coffee in Cary is hit-and-miss, but the breads and pastries are world class.
Dan Kehn

a1970gto@gmail.com

#50: Post by a1970gto@gmail.com » Apr 29, 2019, 9:00 am

Had enough time this morning and tried out La Farm Bakery and it wasn't terrible, but far from good. I ended up going to Crema Coffee Roaster and Bakery as well and their coffee was far better. They had a good assortment of beans that looked and smelled amazing. I may try to find another place close by so I don't have to drive to Durham, but Crema was pretty good.