Fall Chicago/Milwaukee/N Indiana HB Get Together - Page 4

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
derylob

#31: Post by derylob »

Thank you Jim for hosting this awesome meeting. I would like to extend my thanks to other participants for being a great company and wonderful information resource for beginner like me.
Jim, the PNG coffee you gave me to take home is the best coffee I have ever had.

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#32: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

I'm glad you enjoyed the world of coffee hobbyists. Yesterday I wanted to reorder the PNG; and it was sold out. In my experience, a coffee that roasts really beautifully dark is maybe even rarer than ones that are beautiful roasted light.
Jim Schulman

earlgrey_44

#33: Post by earlgrey_44 »

derylob wrote:Thank you Jim for hosting this awesome meeting.
+1

But then, we've just gotten used to these meetings being awesome.... :)
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

Barb
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by Barb »

A wonderful day well spent with some of our regulars and our two newest members, Bo and Andrew.
Jim, you were an amazing barista!
I can't get the cortado drinks out of my mind... So delicious.They matched in quality the goodies John brought, courtesy of his Christine
And after your demo, I know have the coffee roasting bug.Need to start saving for a roaster

Thank you again!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
May your espresso shots all be mellow and aromatic

In friendship,
Barbara

Prairiedawg

#35: Post by Prairiedawg »

The Cortado was spectacular, I almost didn't have one. That would have been a shame.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#36: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

That was also made from the good PNG. Maybe we home roasters need to look harder for really good medium to dark roasting coffees.
Jim Schulman