Espresso in Tallahassee

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Marleyisdead

#1: Post by Marleyisdead »

Hey folks, headed to Tally next week and need a coffee shop recommendation. Any thoughts on good espresso in Tally? Thanks in advance. By the way I've got recs for Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Deland if you need them.

DEG

#2: Post by DEG »

Would like to hear your recommendations for St. Augustine. I'm in Palm Coast, good coffee hard to find here. Ormand and Daytona have more options.

Advertisement
Marleyisdead (original poster)

#3: Post by Marleyisdead (original poster) »

You've got two coffee shops in St. Augustine to check out: Dos Coffee on the north end on San Marco can be good but somewhat inconsistent. Dos is also the roastery. The sister shop is Relampago in the downtown historic district. Oddly enough Relampago Coffee Lab is consistently good. One would think the mothership roastery would be better. In this case the lab downtown pulls excellent shots. Sometimes they have SO. Well worth the visit.

[creative nickname]

#4: Post by [creative nickname] »

Since the closure of Atomic Coffee things in Tally are less than ideal. You can get an ok shot at Lucky Goat, which tends to emphasize old school, roast-forward flavors but executes that better than most. Catalina does decent pour overs sometimes although they are inconsistent. I have not been impressed with their espresso but it is been a few years, so maybe they have gotten better?
LMWDP #435

beefsks

#5: Post by beefsks replying to [creative nickname] »

I agree. Tally has sub espresso at best. The beat I have found there is Lucky Goat.