Espresso in Paris - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
LBIespresso (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#11: Post by LBIespresso (original poster) »

Walking with my family this morning my son said (about a second before I noticed it), "That smells like coffee roasting." A bit to the chagrin of my family, 2 blocks of following my nose in the opposite direction of where we were going I found:
http://www.lacafeotheque.com/

There was an aussie barista who pulled a fantastic shot with a pacamara that he said was super finicky. He even said that if it wasn't great he would pull another one. It was great and this place was a pleasant surprise. Then I realized it was on the list of recommendations from nierda! So thanks again for the recommendation!

I also made it to coutume (also as per nierda) and that was fantastic. Just a notch below Substance (which I can't say enough good things about).
LMWDP #580

Wigglesworth2.0

#12: Post by Wigglesworth2.0 »

neirda wrote:Hello
I'm living in Paris
You can go to :

Coutume café
Café Belleville
Kb roaster
Soul Kitchen
L'arbre à café
Lomi
Cafeotheque
Télescope
Loustic
Hexagone café
Hardware société

All are really nice place and coffee is really good of course

Enjoy ;)
If you ever want to share a coffee and some chat, I'm in the 17th.

LBIespresso (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by LBIespresso (original poster) »

Bonne annee from Paris.

Made it to 2 other spots recommended here yesterday.

Boot cafe: tiny shoebox of a place with a mildly unfriendly barista that pulled a great shot.

Coutume Cafe: Like any of the top 3rd wave shops in major cities. Great food great ambiance and great coffee. I had the flight of espresso, V60, and latte. It was a Colombian yellow bourbon and it was gorgeous in all 3 cups.

So far Paris is the land of coffee extremes. Mostly awful coffee if you don't seek out the good stuff, but there are places like Coutume that will please even the most difficult of us to please and then there is Substance. That place is a Paris MUST.

Au revior for now.

Ps. A big thanks to all for the recommendations!
LMWDP #580

neirda

#14: Post by neirda »

Wigglesworth2.0 wrote:If you ever want to share a coffee and some chat, I'm in the 17th.
Yes of course , i'm really near you
I' m in the 18th district , near métro La Fourche
Bonne année

neirda

#15: Post by neirda »

LBIespresso wrote:Bonne annee from Paris.

Made it to 2 other spots recommended here yesterday.

Boot cafe: tiny shoebox of a place with a mildly unfriendly barista that pulled a great shot.

Coutume Cafe: Like any of the top 3rd wave shops in major cities. Great food great ambiance and great coffee. I had the flight of espresso, V60, and latte. It was a Colombian yellow bourbon and it was gorgeous in all 3 cups.

So far Paris is the land of coffee extremes. Mostly awful coffee if you don't seek out the good stuff, but there are places like Coutume that will please even the most difficult of us to please and then there is Substance. That place is a Paris MUST.

Au revior for now.

Ps. A big thanks to all for the recommendations!

You can drink espresso absolutely everywhere in France, like in Italy or Portugal
Most of the time , it is really bitter and old dark roast
And you have some passionated artisans like Coutume.. more and more