Decent Minneapolis Meetup

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
rimblas

#1: Post by rimblas »

There are a few people interested in learning about the Decent Espresso. So let us have a Decent meetup.
Tentatively, I can host, although I think we're getting close to capacity.

Let's keep track of who's in here:
rimblas wrote:
Davidm wrote:
DonSWG wrote:
truemagellen wrote:
Iowa_Boy wrote:

I'll update with date sand times so we can decide.

DonSWG

#2: Post by DonSWG »

rimblas wrote:There are a few people interested in learning about the Decent Espresso. So let us have a Decent meetup.
Tentatively, I can host, although I think we're getting close to capacity.

Let's keep track of who's in here:

I'll update with date sand times so we can decide.
I'd also be happy to host! I've got plenty of room. You guys have a lot easier of a time moving your machines around than I do with my big GS3... I also have a Robur if we want to pull lots of shots :lol: . That said, I'm recovering from surgery for another 2-4 weeks, so I won't be able to be mobile until then.
David Morgan

truemagellen

#3: Post by truemagellen »

Anyway sounds great. In the future I can also host for those who want to try a commercial spring lever or a smaller spring lever which I'll bring to the meet. I am one of those who was super skeptical of the Decent but the reviews and feedback on flavors coming out of it has me curious and ready to become a believer on the technology behind. Very gracious of you to show it off.

Also I can host at my shop in Plymouth Minnesota in December or later dates for a huge meet up or a tinkering/repair meet up since it is a machine shop.

DonSWG

#4: Post by DonSWG » replying to truemagellen »

Plymouth huh? I live in Plymouth myself! Man, small world!
David Morgan

Davidm

#5: Post by Davidm »

I think one of you (Donswg or trueMagellan) should host since you have heavier machines. Jorge and I could both bring our Decents. I currently have a spacer above the group head screen and he doesn't- so it would be nice to have these side by side.

So let's pick a date and then we can begin figuring out the rest...

Here are potential dates that I can do (assuming weekends are best:
Nov16
Nov 17
Nov 23
Nov 24

Davidm

#6: Post by Davidm »

Also, just saw latest post
Dec 7 also works.

truemagellen

#7: Post by truemagellen »

DonSWG wrote:Plymouth huh? I live in Plymouth myself! Man, small world!
Yea feel free to stop by some time when your on both feet, basically a CNC machine shop with some secondary manufacturing operations. I have a few espresso related projects I'm always tinkering with. I keep most of my espresso machines at work like the Elektra MCAL.

I also dont mind a smaller gathering at my place in MPLS too where the Izzo is since not a lot of people have seen a spring lever let alone a La San Marco group. I can kind of show the progression from a manual lever Pavoni, to Elektra Mcal, to modern Spring lever for those who are into the history behind our hobby.

truemagellen

#8: Post by truemagellen »

Davidm wrote:Also, just saw latest post
Dec 7 also works.
I can do this date.

Iowa_Boy

#9: Post by Iowa_Boy »

Davidm wrote:Also, just saw latest post
Dec 7 also works.
Nov 16, 17 and Dec 7 work for me.
Unfortunately I can't do Nov 23 or 24, but completely understand if that is the best weekend for everyone else.

DonSWG

#10: Post by DonSWG »

Dec 7 works great for me! I should be on my feet by then.
David Morgan