Dallas, Deep Ellum district

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
pcrussell50

#1: Post by pcrussell50 »

Two days in a row at Merit in the hip and grunge, Deep Ellum district of Dallas.

The baristas take time and use care, are knowlegeable, and happy to talk coffee. In my line of work, I see a lot of espresso, particularly as the third wave has proliferated in from the coasts over the last ten and especially five, years. In my opinion, while this is wonderful, it has cased a "dilution" of talent and quality. In this environment, Merit seems to be the exception. And for the time and effort, the espresso (and cortados) were good. Going back again tomorrow.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

I think Merit is the roasting branch of Local Coffee, started in San Antonio a number of years ago. We have enjoyed their cafes in San Antonio.
LMWDP #198

Advertisement
Hovi

#3: Post by Hovi »

Just spent a weekend in Dallas visiting some friends, Merit was a short walk away so of course that's how we kicked off each day. The interior and exterior is charming and modern, despite a large part of the interior being closed off due to COVID19 precautions.

I typically went for a cold brew; others in our groups went for lattes. All something I'd recommend.

Not an espresso drinker but I would say that they seemed to have a very professional setup going there as well.

If you're in that area I would definitely recommend stopping in and enjoying some of what they have to offer.