Compass Coffee new location progress report

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Compass Coffee

#1: Post by Compass Coffee »

Ya'll are invited to the soft opening of our new Downtown Vancouver location July 4th.

Here's what the bar area looked like last Thursday... :lol:

Long way to go but actually looking to be on track to make it!

More will be revealed.
Mike McGinness

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Technically this should appear in Marketplace since it's kind of a commercial post, but given your lengthy membership and inspiration as a "HB member graduating to the pros", I'll simply offer my congratulations and look forward to the great reveal. :D
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
Compass Coffee (original poster)

#3: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

So much for July 4th soft opening! Hopefully by the end of July. Never believe dates a General Contractor gives you!

But that's ok. Now hopefully our just ordered 3 group Synesso Hydra with pressure by-pass valves and further customized in satin black body, white sides, Zebra wood everything than can be Zebra wood will be done in time for the opening! :D

BTW if you're looking we'll have a LM 3gr WBC GB5 that was going in the new location for sale shortly. :wink:
Mike McGinness

Bodka Coffee

#4: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Very nice! Congrats.

Boldjava

#5: Post by Boldjava replying to Bodka Coffee »

I second that. You have multiple balls spinning in the air but let's focus on two: roasting and retail shop.

Each is tough enough in itself. Lots of room to stub your toe and bang your shin. But to pull off roasting and retail at the same time, then turn around and expand, commands respect and admiration.

Well done.
-----
LMWDP #339

#6: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) replying to Boldjava »

And suggests the need to have my head examined! To be clear if Bryan hadn't joined my Team way back when and subsequently become a minority owner the ridiculous coffeehouse side growth we've been experiencing may well not have happened. At least not at these phenomenal rates by any measure. Once we weathered the stock market crash of '08 and subsequent wonderful recession growth numbers have been constant and beyond what any of those "business gurus" touting how much they can help a business grow expects. They preach and teach anything over 30% annual growth rate is astronomical and people pay them huge bucks to get them close to that. I laugh when I get their emails! 2010 to 2011 over 35%, 2011 to 2012 over 35%, 2013 to 2014 over 69% crazy what the heck!, and 2014 to 2015 to date back "down" to 35+% growth rate. And month to month just Our little Downtown coffeehouse location is bustin' at the seams. Hence the dire NEED for a bigger 2nd Downtown Vancouver location. While the new physical space is only double in sq ft seating capacity will be a bit more than triple. Plus we plan to revamp with a different focus and keep the current Downtown location even though they'll only be about 4 blocks apart. Time will tell how that pans out...
Mike McGinness

drgary
Team HB

#7: Post by drgary »

Was wondering when. Since you really ought to have your head examined I'll be glad to oblige. As bluesman recently put in one of my threads:

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by FotonDrv »

How is this going? We will be driving South on i5, going through Vancouver around noon on the 6th of Aug, will you have it up and running by then?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

#9: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) replying to FotonDrv »

That's a negative. Last meeting with GC has ready to start moving equipment Saturday the 15th.
Mike McGinness

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by FotonDrv »

Thanks for the update :(
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train