CoffeeCon 2012 - Chicago Area - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
UltramaticOrange

Postby UltramaticOrange » Feb 26, 2012, 12:16 pm

farmroast wrote:Hope someone got a few photos.

I'm stuck working all weekend (what's up with coffee events always landing on the one weekend a month I work?). this guy posted photos on his twitter stream if you don't mind digging through his tweets.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Feb 28, 2012, 2:36 pm

I've posted a PDF version of my talk: Value Subtracted Espresso
Jim Schulman

mitch236

Postby mitch236 » replying to another_jim » Feb 28, 2012, 5:03 pm

I just read your lecture and it definitely needs to be a sticky or in the FAQ!

Awesome work Jim!!

ZacharyJ

Postby ZacharyJ » Feb 28, 2012, 5:28 pm

Thanks for posting your lecture Jim.
It was great in person too.

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » Feb 28, 2012, 5:34 pm

Hope you enjoyed yourself. Were you the guy pulling shots on the Silvia? If so, how did it go; did I have it set up right?
Jim Schulman

ZacharyJ

Postby ZacharyJ » Feb 28, 2012, 7:10 pm

No that was not me. I asked you about assessing my home roast though.

sashaman

Postby sashaman » Feb 28, 2012, 8:40 pm

Jim, I also wanted to add my thanks for posting your lecture. I've seen you mention it elsewhere on these boards, but the section on keeping the grind constant and varying the dose really clicked with me this time. I like to drink regular in the morning and decaf in the evening and it's a pain to have to change the grind pretty much every time I use the machine - I think I get less consistent results, and there have been many times where I've remembered I had the grind wrong right after I hit the button on the grinder.

I'm going to try to see if I can just optimize the grind for the regular and then leave the grind alone and updose when making decaf.