Coffee Shops and Roaster in Maryland near DC?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Jofari

#1: Post by Jofari »

Hi All. I just made a big move from the California Bay Area to Montgomery County Maryland (just north of DC). Is anyone here familiar with any good coffee shops or roasters in this area of Maryland? I'm trying to not to go out too much during these times, but it would be nice to have a list of places to try when things go back to normal. Thanks!

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Jofari

#3: Post by Jofari »

Thanks! This list looks like a great start. I'm looking forward to trying these places out.

JamieS

#4: Post by JamieS »

As a Bethesda resident, I would just add that Ceremony Coffee, which is listed under Baltimore area shops, recently opened a new location in Bethesda, just outside the Metro. Clove and Cedar, also in Bethesda, is an independent cafe that happens to feature coffee roasted by Ceremony as well.

Jofari

#5: Post by Jofari »

JamieS wrote:As a Bethesda resident, I would just add that Ceremony Coffee, which is listed under Baltimore area shops, recently opened a new location in Bethesda, just outside the Metro. Clove and Cedar, also in Bethesda, is an independent cafe that happens to feature coffee roasted by Ceremony as well.
Thanks for the tip Jamie! Those both look like promising cafes that aren't too far from me. I'll add them to the list of places to try once all this craziness dies down a little.

tamadrummer

#6: Post by tamadrummer »

You can try Nagadi out in Silver Spring; it's a little difficult to find at first located in an industrial building. Their cafe hours are only open for a couple hours on Saturday morning but they roast throughout the week and you can order online.

MTBcycloRista

#7: Post by MTBcycloRista »

Jofari wrote:Hi All. I just made a big move from the California Bay Area to Montgomery County Maryland (just north of DC). Is anyone here familiar with any good coffee shops or roasters in this area of Maryland? I'm trying to not to go out too much during these times, but it would be nice to have a list of places to try when things go back to normal. Thanks!
Hi and welcome to MD.

Pre-Covid-19 there were an amazing array of coffee shops in and around DC (most of which are hopefully still in business). I had been participating in ~10 mile coffee walks in the city where we would stop in at maybe 5-6 places to sample the goods. I'll have a look and post a list.

Black Lion up in Rockville, MD is one of my favorite local hangouts.

Jofari

#8: Post by Jofari »

tamadrummer wrote:You can try Nagadi out in Silver Spring; it's a little difficult to find at first located in an industrial building. Their cafe hours are only open for a couple hours on Saturday morning but they roast throughout the week and you can order online.
Thanks! I'll definitely try this place. It's less than 10 minutes from me and Saturday mornings would be my preferred time for a cafe visit (pre-pandemic at least).

Jofari

#9: Post by Jofari »

MTBcycloRista wrote:Hi and welcome to MD.

Pre-Covid-19 there were an amazing array of coffee shops in and around DC (most of which are hopefully still in business). I had been participating in ~10 mile coffee walks in the city where we would stop in at maybe 5-6 places to sample the goods. I'll have a look and post a list.

Black Lion up in Rockville, MD is one of my favorite local hangouts.
This is great. I still haven't had the chance to try many places due to pandemic related precautions, but I'll add Black Lion to the list. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to have many coffee options around here, but that doesn't seem to be the case!