You are very welcome earlgrey_44 and ghostchili!
I do thank EVERYONE for attending and for your patience with my cook-to-order main entree (Thailand pad see ew with marinated chicken). Despite cooking simultaneously in two identical size and shape pow woks, it still took WAY too long to make the dishes with the proper char level (baking to crispy surface) of the ho fun noodles. Proves yet again manufacturer rating for gas stove output does not translate to real world heat needed to cook the 12-inch diameter pow wok. But I suspect if I had commercial 36-inch diameter pow wok with commercial flames from fires of mordor, my smoke alarm would go off so much that local fire dept would arrive. And thanks to all (really) who fanned the smoke detector. And to earlgrey_44 and Mrs. Prairiedawg for assisting with peeling 18 cloves of garlic. And thanks to earlgrey_44 and another_jim for tip to quick clean off carmalization from carbon steel wok.
Most important (as before) it was great time with others. And great to meet new faces: ghostchili and vberch's friend Steven. My neighbor also seemed to enjoy the demonstrations. I certainly can tell he was sucking up the information. I know I had similar look at my first H-B get together (in 2012 or was it 2013). It certainly has been a privilege to get to know the gang and communicate outside HB with many of you.
I'll let the more experienced attendees comment on the specifics of the (a true embarassment of riches) roasted beans and equipment.
Global description we had:
* great coffee (e.g. George Howell, Klatch, master home roasts from another_jim and vberch).
* great reference coffee and espresso knowledge and experienced home baristas (e.g. another_jim, dominico, earlgrey_44, vberch).
* great grinders (e.g. Niche Zero, Monolith Con v1.0, Monolith Flat, Helor Flux, Helor 101, and Portaspresso, Apollo).
* great machines (e.g. Portaspresso, Robot, Flair 2.0, , Espresso Forge, Cremina with pressure gauge, Alexia with PID, Elektra Semiautomatica ).
* great libations (e.g. Alpha King Three Floyds beer, 2014 Cur Puiatti Traminer Aromatico, Kirkland 20 year Speyside single malt (Spring 2018 purchase), The Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso single malt and great side dishes (e.g. salmon, two different home made pie/cake, cauliflower)
* most importantly, great time with coffee family and friends. Also this one is the most I have laughed at. Vberch, your guest, is a riot. Boss' circumstances of initial meeting of him was perfect (seriously). Still makes me laugh now while I am typing this.
Damn, these GTG sure are expensive:) Until proven otherwise this will be my upcoming travel espresso maker. I will order one with pressure gauge. Overall best pairs with planned travel grinder: my Helor Flux (Helor 106). BTW, vberch, Boss hates you LOL!!. Pi day 2015 GTG at my home, he sold me his extra Cremina.
Going clockwise from left: Steve, another_jim, dominico, Mrs. Prairiedawg, earlgrey_44, Prairiedawg. At this time my neighbor/friend had left for work and ghostchili left to partake in his/mine other hobby.
Embarassment of riches.
Another_jim's workstation. Yet another embarassment of riches w.r.t. equipment. BUT pair this equipment with master roaster, master barista, master coffee & espresso knowledge all rolled into one AND you get better espresso than any
If anyone else has pictures, please feel free to post. Thanks.