Chicago-Milwaukee Spring 2019 get together - Page 4

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
mdmvrockford (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by mdmvrockford (original poster) »

To all attendees, I have sent in home-barista.com personal message my home address and cell phone and email.

Please see the original post (post#1) of this thread for updates.

I look forward to seeing all of your Saturday April 6, 2019.
LMWDP #568

Supporter ♡

#32: Post by mdmvrockford (original poster) »

To those who RSVP'ed, your HB screen name should be listed on post#1.

If you plan to attend but have not posted on this thread or personal messaged me, I request you do so as main dish is cook to order and I am only buying enough of its main ingredient (fresh ho fun noodle ) to serve at this gettogether. Fresh ho fun noodle does not store well refrigerated and the cooked dish is too soggy if served as leftover.

Also I updated post#1 with list of roasted beans I have (all in -10F in freezer) (each is 12 oz). Attendees if you could please post what beans you are bringing.

Thank you.
LMWDP #568

Advertisement
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by mdmvrockford (original poster) »

deleted as posted in error.

Please just see updated post #1 as of 4/5/2019 1405
LMWDP #568

Prairiedawg

#34: Post by Prairiedawg »

We'll be bringing a side dish, the Mon Con and some coffee. Both from Klatch, FTO Ethiopia Gedeo Worka Natural.

https://www.klatchroasting.com/collecti ... 3402588249

and Colombia Alto Bonito Red Honey Espresso

https://www.klatchroasting.com/collecti ... 8637562969
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

dominico
Team HB

#35: Post by dominico »

Just a reminder if you have a hand grinder please bring it; I want to do some comparisons between them and this Apollo grinder I am reviewing.

Thanks again,

-Dominick
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

another_jim
Team HB

#36: Post by another_jim »

Ditto on motorized, single dosing grinders for the Niche Zero comparison. I'm bringing the Elektra Semi, aka "grinderscope," i.e. a machine that amplifies the taste differences between espresso grinders.
Jim Schulman

Supporter ♡

#37: Post by mdmvrockford (original poster) replying to another_jim »

Jim, I will still have my Quickmill Alexia with PID for tomorrow's GTG. Prospective local buyer does not want to learn home espresso brew and will stick with pods. After the GTG it will go on FS thread of home-barista.
I recall you made a great cappuccino for Boss in 2015 with the Alexia. You are quite familiar with it.

So please bring your Elektra Semi if only if you still want to.
LMWDP #568

Advertisement
dominico
Team HB

#38: Post by dominico »

another_jim wrote:Ditto on motorized, single dosing grinders for the Niche Zero comparison. I'm bringing the Elektra Semi, aka "grinderscope," i.e. a machine that amplifies the taste differences between espresso grinders.
If no one else volunteers I can bring the Monolith Flat as well
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

Supporter ♡

#39: Post by mdmvrockford (original poster) replying to dominico »

Pretty please (bring the Monolith Flat)!

Seriously, I have a light roast Ethiopia (George Howell) and Prairedawg is bringing light roasted Ethiopia (Klatch). I want to see and taste first hand newer Titan flat (Monolith Flat) vs. "old timer" Titan Super Jolly (stock burrs) for regular brew. I plan brew method to be Clever Coffee Dripper with #4 paper filter (non-bleached) and gold filter (as per another_jim)What's your current Clever Dripper method?. I gave away my French press to a needy patient about a month or so ago. So if attendees want other brew method (besides Clever Coffee Dripper) then please bring it.

Titan Grinder Project
Titan Grinder Project: Can it Beat the Mazzer Robur?
LMWDP #568

another_jim
Team HB

#40: Post by another_jim »

I'll bring my dripper, so we can do side by sides with the various test grinders at brew settings. The method is simplicity itself.
Jim Schulman