Chicago-Milwaukee-NW Indiana Area Get Together - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#21: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

I'd be happy to try them since I roasted Klatch's Super Wush and natural process Cauca (as well as their old standby, Mutu Batak, for dark roast lovers). Be fun to compare.
Jim Schulman

Prairiedawg

#22: Post by Prairiedawg »

I have some of the Super Wush I can bring also if you like.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
Team HB

#23: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

It would be interesting to compare roasts. Chances are, I'll have egg on my face when it's done.
Jim Schulman

Barb

#24: Post by Barb »

If you bring your Robot, I will leave mine home- unless you think your Robot would like company?

Barb

#25: Post by Barb »

Jim,
I will bring some sort of good dessert. What else can I bring?
Can you share your address again, especially the apartment number?

Thanks

Barbara

Team HB

#26: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Hi Barbara,

Desserts are good, especially since most everything else is covered. My address is posted as a pic in post #17 on the previous page. Not sure how secure that is; but it's worked OK for the last 5 years.
Jim Schulman

vberch

#27: Post by vberch »

I am going to bring baked salmon, a few bottles of bourbon, and SO and blend I roasted. See you soon!

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
Team HB

#28: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

There may be more bourbon than coffee; I'm going to have to stock up on branchwater and alka seltzer. Seriously, this is looking really good.
Jim Schulman

mdmvrockford
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by mdmvrockford » replying to another_jim »

Jim, please have some water ready:) I will be bringing this cask strength Scotch https://www.theglenlivet.com/en-EN/the- ... ra-oloroso that is my favorite Scotch (that I own). Per Glenlivet's website on cask strength Scotches it is perfectly acceptable to dilute with water. My father certainly does. I don't dilute it as my esophagus can handle the heat :lol: OTOH Boss' 196 proof Polish vodka is a wee bit much undiluted.
LMWDP #568

mdmvrockford
Supporter ♡

#30: Post by mdmvrockford »

Barb wrote:If you bring your Robot, I will leave mine home- unless you think your Robot would like company?
Barb, I am bringing my Robot (has pressure gauge). I think one Robot will be plenty.

At last Chicago-Milwaukee get together not many used the Robot. It certainly was not the main espresso brewer. And I will also be bringing my Son's Cremina so that will be already two manual levers.
LMWDP #568