Chicago/Milwaukee HB.com get-together #13 (attendee list) - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
earlgrey_44

#21: Post by earlgrey_44 »

Mike, thanks so much for hosting; not only was it a great time, but undoubtedly the best pi day gathering I've ever been to.

PS : I (still) like your dog.
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

another_jim
Team HB

#22: Post by another_jim »

Ditto. Really enjoyed the get together.
Jim Schulman

vberch

#23: Post by vberch »

Michael, thank you very much! It was a lot of fun!

mdmvrockford (original poster)

#24: Post by mdmvrockford (original poster) »

Vlad, Jim and Gary, you are all welcome.

And Gary see PM I just sent you; as you know my dog (Austin, as in Powers from one of my favorite movie characters) loves you and all guests...just too much :(( To you and Vlad, thank you for the home theater advice.

Thanks to all others for attending and driving out to Rockford. I also have to give shout out and thanks to my wife for cooking the Mac and Cheese (recipe on first post of this thread ) and the Beef Stir Fry (if need recipe then PM me) as I can't cook at all.

I wanted to host at least once as way of paying back for graciousness of Jim (host of #12) and Vlad (host of #11) of past Chicago/Milwaukee Get Togethers I have attended. For those who have not attended one of these before, I would strongly recommend you do so as the amount of knowledge to be learned (for novices like me) is immense and all in a casual environment. And you get sample wide variety of beans and use different equipment. There is even some decent ethanol too (e.g. great Cabernet Sauvignon from Jason).

My palate is too novice to explain and describe the different beans. My personal favorite was Jim's Geisha F. St. Theresa Honey ( abbreviation for Finca Santa Theresa Honey?). And again thank you Jim for leaving remainder of roasted beans of this and other two Geishas.

I hope all attendees enjoyed Rockford Roasting Company. And sorry I did not know about the St. Patrick's parade blocking up auto access to them.

Dominic, Dan, Sherman, Alastair, Gary, Jim (talking to Patrick), right arm of Jason. This picture gives idea of setup; glad we did not trip the circuit breakers (as all machines and grinders not running simultaneously). Sorry to those pictured if this is bad picture of you as my photography skills are lacking.

Picture taken after the Get Together. Thank you Vlad for selling the Cremina. Maybe in one year's time I will be getting your advice on the Portaspresso Rossa and Rosco for workplace espresso gear:) (still in great appreciation of its engineering).

I Will be looking forward to Get Together #14.
LMWDP #568

vberch

#25: Post by vberch »

It was wonderful to see everyone! The food and wine were magnificent and coffee was delightfull. Rockford Roasting Company had a beautiful 2 group Bosco paired with doserless Mazzer Super Jolly and Malkhonig Kenya and USRC roaster. It was a lot of fun! Thank you Michael for taking us there!

UltramaticOrange

#26: Post by UltramaticOrange »

Damn. I was really hoping the face I was making was more absurd than that.

Thanks for your hospitality, Mike!
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?