Best Shop in the World

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Visiting Bra, Italy and this shop, BOTTEGA DELLE DELIZIE whose owner is Paolo Panero.

I first wrote about it here:
Italy Cafe Bottega delle Delizie - Wow - in Bra

Again this shop outdoes anything I have experienced in the US. Each order is handcrafted in such a way that I never seen. Quite the performance. New this year is he puts some of the grounds from your shot in a vial so that you can smell them. He has all the details of each coffee (altitude, cultivar etc) on a card and samples of each coffee in a vial. Each customer is given an explanation of the coffee and how it would be in pour over, espresso, or a milk drink. He will NOT provide sugar in his shop. He offers only whole cow milk or oat milk. Each order takes about 5-7 minutes and he doesn't take the next order until he is finished. You need to allow yourself time to enjoy it all.

If you have had a similar experience and wish to share in this thread, please do.

Current coffees are both Gardelli from Uganda.

Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mathof

#2: Post by mathof »

In fact, I've just returned from a few days in Bergamo (near Milan) where I came upon Bugan Coffee Lab -- another shop that refuses sugar to its patrons. More importantly, the barista who was doing a shift the first day we were there is this year's Italian Roasting Champion, Roberto Breno. He will be competing in the world championship in Taiwan next month.
Not only is the coffee excellent at Bugan, but in the morning there is a group of regulars who are very social and obviously happy to start their day with such good coffee and companionship.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#3: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Matt, at MXP now about to fly home. Too funny. Glad we both found some wow coffee on our trips.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by LBIespresso »

Not too far from there in Verona is Garage Coffee Bros with the 2020 roasting champ doing the roasting. Some good things happening in Northern Italy!
LMWDP #580