Best Cafes In Seattle?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
clc12rock

#1: Post by clc12rock »

I am going to be spending a few days in Seattle next week and will be looking to hit some shops. Definitely wanna hit La Marzocco's shop but that's all that's on my list so far. I am into light roasted single origins both as espresso and pourover. I don't really care about milk drinks/specialty drinks. I'm staying downtown at the Hilton Garden at Boren & Stewart so any shops within walking distance of there would be ideal. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

klee11mtl

#2: Post by klee11mtl »

Welcome to Seattle and hopefully you enjoy your time here. Whether you're a fan of Starbucks or not, I think the Starbucks Reserve Roastery is worth going to for the experience. https://www.starbucksreserve.com/en-us/ ... ns/seattle. Plus it has the bonus of being a few doors down from another Seattle roaster https://www.victrolacoffee.com/pages/pikest so you can hit both in the same trip.

My personal favorite is Caffe Ladros but know that I am strictly a latte drinker and their default espresso is medium-dark. If you're planning to take in a ferry ride, Pegasus Coffee on Bainbridge Island is one of my favorite Saturday spots. If pastries/food are a component of your coffee shop experience, Fresh Flours and General Porpoise (filled donuts only) are fantastic but they are not roasters.

Baratza: skilled in the art of grinding
Sponsored by Baratza
Carmd1281

#3: Post by Carmd1281 »

I like:
Victrola - E Pike
Cafe Vita - E Pike
Vivace - Broadway East
Carm
New York, NY

Chert

#4: Post by Chert »

For the taste interest you describe don't miss out on Milstead & Co in Fremont.

Tougo currently open at 860 Yesler is also one not to miss.
I sponsor Artisan Roasterscope.

clc12rock (original poster)

#5: Post by clc12rock (original poster) »

Thanks for the responses so far! I just found out the La Marzocco cafe is temporarily closed. Such a bummer, I've wanted to visit there for years.

I am also down to check out any classic Seattle shops, even if they aren't pulling shots of light roasted SOs. I can definitely appreciate a well-pulled comfort blend!

Carmd1281

#6: Post by Carmd1281 »

FWIW another one we visited and liked was Analog Coffee. Great sound track and it was nice to sit and watch the neighborhood/local vibe while relaxing on vacation.
Carm
New York, NY