Best airport espresso - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Chert

#21: Post by Chert »

Brewed in Dallas (DFW) serves Tweed, a small local roaster. Their little spot is in terminal D, just in case in DFW sometime you have time to kill and want to walk over. Made on a superauto which the person who made my americano said was adjusted by one of the 4 employees of Tweed. She showed me the bag of beans, a blend of coffees of Brasil, Colombia and one other origin. Tasty cup it was and it made me pleased to have bypassed *$, Peet's and the other coffees available at DFW.
LMWDP #198

perfectwheels

#22: Post by perfectwheels »

A totally different sort of airport coffee... W10 near Langley WA.

https://www.mukilteocoffee.com/pages/cafe-in-the-woods

Excellent coffee and food... fun strip if you like landing in the trees and no TSA whatsoever :)

BaristaBoy E61

#23: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

While I didn't have the time to grab a coffee here, there was plenty to choose from at Mexico City's Terminal-2 with two of these cafés in the same terminal - each coffee having its own K30 grinder - both shops!

"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

discsinthesky

#24: Post by discsinthesky »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:While I didn't have the time to grab a coffee here, there was plenty to choose from at Mexico City's Terminal-2 with two of these cafés in the same terminal - each coffee having its own K30 grinder - both shops!

<image>
Woah!!!!

BaristaBoy E61

#25: Post by BaristaBoy E61 replying to discsinthesky »

That was my reaction too when I walked by this place - especially since we have the exact same grinder at home, I nearly had a stroke!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Gig103

#26: Post by Gig103 »

Technobuyer wrote:I travel for a living and am in and out of just about every major airport in the USA frequently. It's really tough to find good coffee in an airport. Starbucks reigns supreme in this space I'm afraid, and they've collected more than their fair share of $$$ from me over the years.

That said, the PHX Cartel location is about the best available in any airport I've come across. I've also been to the Stumptown in PDX, and it's good, but varies greatly with who's working. I haven't tried the Portland Roasting Company. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm there.

I was in MDW a couple weeks ago and noticed a Big Shoulders Coffee new to our terminal. Their machine was broke :( , but it looked promising.
For PDX I prefer Portland Roasting Company to Stumptown. Just one man's opinion of course.

For PHX I agree Cartel is excellent. I was *not* a fan of Press Coffee but I switch to Delta (Terminal 3) so I don't know if it is still in T4. If it is, don't bother unless Cartel is too far away.