Bay Area/Sacramento Leverfest POSTPONED Due To DANGEROUS Air Quality

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
doubleOsoul

#1: Post by doubleOsoul »

Hey friends, friends of friends, coffee lovers, coffee observers, gear heads and peoples just plain curious:

It's fo' sho' .... we are on and popping for Saturday November 17th starting at around 1 pm until we are over caffeinated and exhilarated. Bring your gear, your enthusiasm, your significant other and let's have a ball. What better way to start off the holiday season than attending the best 'par -tay' of the season.

We'll have great music, hand made artisan chocolates from our dear friend John, and other tasty foods & drinks. Plus coffee, and lots of it. I'm lucky enough to be minutes away from David/Cuppajoe and he has kindly offered to bring some equipment from his collection. Our 4 bd/ 2 car garage will be way more space than the small apartment we had to squeeze into last time and plenty of mid century modern seating. Promise!

I have the following levers refurbished and ready for some pulls:
Conti Prestina
Elektra MCAL
Olympia Cremina
Maximatic
Stefano Ugolini (who wouldn't want to pull a shot from that beast)
Faema faemina
Radaelli Caffomatic "57
Flair Chrome
Faema Baby
Brevetti Robbiati Atomic (one of them has its own attached burner)
I may have a Olympia Club and Duchessa we can use but no promises. The lady D is being refurbished now so it may be available for use.
The grinder line up:
Ditting Swiss
Mahlkonig
Elektra MS
Naturally a bunch of hand grinders (Lido E and old school wooden boxes). I have a Fellow Stagg kettle and plenty of pour over equipment for pour over options.

I'm chatting with Alexandre folks about dairy supply. Their organic, grass fed milk is 6% and absolutely tasty for cappuccino and Gibraltar drinks. I'll have Ripple for non dairy options as well.

My roasting equipment is 'in transition' as in I don't have at the roaster I would like at the moment but we can roast on the Hottop and there is a Sirocco just for nostalgic fun.

If none of the above is enough of a draw to pull you from the Bay Area to brave the traffic, there's always the other levers to look at and try out. I was lucky enough find a 1940s Pharmacy display case that fits part of my collection so everything is far more accessible and viewable this time.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Sounds good, I'll take to my Wife and see what weekend looks good. I might be able to bring a shiny Cafelat Robot along to look at or play with.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Balthazar_B

#3: Post by Balthazar_B »

Ditto on a green Robot I should be able to schlep over. 10th or 17th work best, but pretty flexible, really.
- John

LMWDP # 577

sosha

#4: Post by sosha »

Count me in! I'd love to see finally meet you and see your collection, Cher.....
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

Interested depending on the dates!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

braxtonjens

#6: Post by braxtonjens »

Interested! It sounds awesome! :D I haven't been around other lever espresso(Lever heads?) people before.
The 17th is good for me. On a retreat, the second weekend and the first Saturday my wife and I will be at the coffee festival in SF.
If I am able to make it, I can bring my La Pavoni, Kompresso, and some home roasted beans.
“Coffee is always a good idea”
LMWDP #617

MB

#7: Post by MB »

Definitely in! I can bring my home built Colossus grinder for people to see and use.
LMWDP #472

doubleOsoul (original poster)

#8: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

yakster wrote:Sounds good, I'll take to my Wife and see what weekend looks good. I might be able to bring a shiny Cafelat Robot along to look at or play with.
That would be great Chris and we would love to have the both of you there!

#9: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

sosha wrote:Count me in! I'd love to see finally meet you and see your collection, Cher.....
Awesome Patti. Would love to finally meet you too!

#10: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

Does anyone have a thought on dates in November? Tom, we're way overdue a visit so I want to make sure its a date you can make as well.