Barista Get Together/Housewarming Sac/Bay Area The Reboot

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
doubleOsoul

#1: Post by doubleOsoul »

Hey friends, friends of friends, coffee lovers, coffee observers, gear heads and peoples just plain curious:

We are planning the reboot to the original coffee get together we cancelled last November because the Paradise fires. We have carved out March 23rd/2019 from our super commuter work schedule and hope everyone can come. The caffeinated event will begin around 11:00 am and will roll until whenever we've had enough coffee. Bring your gear, your enthusiasm, your significant other and let's have a ball. Please PM me for the address. For those who were at my last event in Vallejo, it is a different address.

We'll have great music and tasty snicky - snacks & drinks. Plus coffee and lots of it. I will have coffee greens, roasted coffee and specialty teas and ceremonial matcha teas as well. I'm lucky enough to be minutes away from David/Cuppajoe and he has kindly offered to bring some equipment from his collection. Our 4 bd/ 2 car garage will be way more space than the small apartment we had to squeeze into last time and plenty of mid century modern seating. Promise!

I have the following levers refurbished and ready for some pulls:
Duchessa
Conti Prestina
Elektra MCAL
Olympia Cremina
Olympia Club (yes, its Greg's Club ... now Cher's club) :)
Maximatic
Stefano Ugolini (who wouldn't want to pull a shot from that beast)
Faema faemina
Radaelli Caffomatic "57
Flair Chrome
Faema Baby
Brevetti Robbiati Atomic (one of them has its own attached burner)
3 NIB Caravels
VAM

The grinder line up:
Ditting Swiss
Mahlkonig
Elektra MS
Killer collection of Deiter Rams designed grinders including the very rare green grinders
Naturally a bunch of hand grinders (Lido E and old school wooden boxes)
Plenty of pour over equipment for pour over options

I'm chatting with Alexandre folks about dairy supply. Their organic, grass fed milk is 6% and absolutely tasty for cappuccino and cortado drinks. I'll have Ripple or almond milk for non dairy options as well.

My roasting equipment is 'in transition' as in I don't have at the roaster I would like at the moment but we can roast on the Sirocco for nostalgic fun. I am listing my Hottop because - surprise - I am starting up a coffee roastery and need funds for a commercial roaster. So, if anyone wants to bring their roaster - they are more than welcome.

If none of the above is enough of a draw to pull you from the Bay Area to brave the traffic, there's always the other levers to look at and try out. I was lucky enough find a 1940s Pharmacy display case that fits part (and I do mean only part) of my collection so everything is far more accessible and viewable this time.

sosha
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by sosha »

I'd love to come! Where do you live now, Cher? If I recall, you're up near Sac, right?

Patty
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Dang, wish I could come, but I've already made plans that weekend.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

The 23rd, you say...? Hmmm. Planning on being there.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Balthazar_B

#5: Post by Balthazar_B »

23rd is questionable as we have some family tentatively coming into town that day. Not confirmed yet, but will let you know when it is one way or the other.
- John

LMWDP # 577

Bob_M

#6: Post by Bob_M »

Cher I can make it...I'm not far from Sacramento

TomC
Team HB

#7: Post by TomC »

I'll keep an eye out for how my week/weekend is looking as it gets closer. That wall display looks incredible!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

doubleOsoul (original poster)

#8: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

Patty, yes we are in Sac. Very glad to hear you can come!
Chris -awe are you double sure? Really want you there! I have a Yama cold brew you could check out ha ha!
Randy - very glad to hear you can make it too.
John, yes please let me know if you can make it. Would be great if you could.
Bob -awesome! Will be good to see you.
Tom - my fingers are double crossed you can make it. And thanks, I worked hard on all my display cases. This display has the 3 Siroccos and other toy roasters.

Once we get closer to the event and I have an idea on attendance, I'll send an email with our address. Its super easy to get here (trust me, I do the commute 6 days a week lol).

crankles

#9: Post by crankles »

Been lurking here for two years. I Would love to meet folks in person. Hoping I can make it up to Sac that Saturday. I'm especially enamored with the restorations folks have been doing!

sosha
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by sosha »

Does anyone (who plans on coming) have a Decent machine? I'd love to see one.....
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com