Barista Get Together/Housewarming Sac/Bay Area The Reboot - Page 4

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
doubleOsoul (original poster)

#31: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

sosha wrote:Cher....sorry to say, I won't be there this weekend. The flu has gotten its nasty little hands on me, and I'm not gonna be able to make it.

But, if you do it in the Fall, I'll banish all illness to the depths of hell to make sure i get there!

Patty
Oh no! Where's all my gals!
Ok, if I do it again in the fall, I'm holding you to it.

crankles

#32: Post by crankles »

really was hoping I could make this meet some folks. Soccer Duty calls. Ugh

#33: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

Okay, coffee fam ... got the canned squeezie cheesie and pretzels ready .....psyche!
I have a nice Filipino lady making 50 fresh lumpia which will be cooked tomorrow morning and picked up hot. Lots of smoked salmon and artisan cheeses and a ton of other food. Trader Joe even made us a tiramisu! (hee hee) I roasted some beautiful micro lot - wet hulled honey Sumatra Ajibata Lake Toba yesterday that I cupped at The Crown, the all new tasting room in Oakland. I also roasted some of my signature Indian Monsoon - both at CoRo (thanks Floy, Daniel and my new favorite person, Izzy - love you guys) on my favorite roaster, the Probat. We will be able to pull shots and do pour over on both. Sample bags are done up so if you loved it, you can take a little home. I also have samples of my wood butter so you can take some home to try out too. Its gonna be fun and I can't wait to see everyone. Remember, its not at the same place as last year. We're in Sac so send a pm to get my number and address. :D

naryasece

#34: Post by naryasece »

Thanks for hosting! I had a wonderful time, the espresso pulls were delicious and the food tasty! I really enjoyed seeing your collection and hearing their backstory.

I loved the rainbow mug arrangement!

#35: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

You're welcome, Sean! Really glad to have you and Ginny here. We missed a lot of folks this time but still had a blast. Glad to see Randy (thanks so much for the Faema poster - can't wait to hang it up above the Olympia station) and meet a newer HB member, Danny, who's enthusiasm is deep enough to send him down the collector's rabbit hole in no time. John's chocolates were on point as usual and in fact he made the very best sponge candy I've ever tasted. He shared that the secret ingredient was the nectar of my home land - maple syrup. Everyone went home with some coffee (Sumatra Ajibata Lake Toba microlot and/or Monsoon Malabar) and some Double O's Wood Butter which has the tiniest scent of espresso absolute. I'm not sure if anyone had a change to try the coffee blossom honey but it was really good paired with the fresh local walnuts and aged parm reggiano cheese.

I set up stations: the food station, soft drink station, the pour over/French press station, the Olympia station (lol). I put together enough food to feed Prince Edward Island so you guessed it - I'll be eating hand made lumpia for days. And chocolate and donuts and smoked salmon and sponge candy ...lol.

Thanks again to everyone who made it. I know that 80 drive is a real sacrifice (oh boy do I know) and the toll is no picnic either. It was an absolute pleasure to host another coffee/home barista event.