Barista Get Together/Housewarming Sac/Bay Area The Reboot - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
drgary
Team HB

#21: Post by drgary »

Cher,

This looks like it'll be a blast! I wish we could join you again and we miss our Bay Area friends!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul (original poster)

#22: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

Gary, we really wish you could make it too. Your presence will definitely be missed.

#23: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

So we are coming to the Christmas Eve of the coffee get together and I would like to start getting an idea on head count so if anyone is still deciding, please let me know as soon as you can.

A little about the food and such: I will have food as well as sticky snacks. I'll provide regular (is it called conventional foods? :? ), vegetarian and vegan options so that there's something for everyone. This is an organic household so everything will be organic. I will have teas and sparking mineral water on tap with cool syrups to flavor if you like - violet, elderflower, and whatever else this aromatherapist conjures up. I will have ceremonial matcha available and gunpowder green tea. For dairy, there will be grass fed organic and non dairy - almond and ripple. I'll also have Piknik which is a new alternative I've been experimenting with (it has MCT and ghee plus some whey). For sweeteners, we don't do stevia, aspartame or any other unnatural sweetener so if that is something you prefer, then by all means bring some for your personal use. I will have some coveted super dark grade Canadian maple that made it here when my family came to visit a few weeks ago. This is the stuff the U.S. Maple industry doesn't want on shelves - very flavorful and mineralized and so beyond what grade A maple is. I will also have some coffee blossom honey (a product I will have on my website) and organic sugar. Water source is remineralized distilled water.

I have lots of green beans and I'll roast up our Indian Monsoon (which will be a Soulside Coffee fixture) plus some Soulside Sumatra. Would anyone like decaf options? Please let me know, and I'll pick some up in Oakland.

Any other requests?

Is anyone bringing their roaster (have roaster, will travel)?

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by mgwolf »

I am planning on coming. Could bring a Kafatek Flat if interested. Same address as last Fall?

mdmvrockford

#25: Post by mdmvrockford »

Unfortunately, I cannot attend (but plan to be in Sacramento/Bay Area/Yosemite again within five years). I do have a request. IF you have spare Canadian maple syrup after your get together AND you can spare some from your personal need THEN quote me a cost (item and shipping) :lol:

Sorry mods if this should it off topic. :oops:
LMWDP #568

spressomon

#26: Post by spressomon »

Dang it; feast or famine for calendar events again! We have an event in Reno that will keep us on this side of the Sierra; otherwise we would have loved to attended and met folks in person!
No Espresso = Depresso

#27: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

mgwolf wrote:I am planning on coming. Could bring a Kafatek Flat if interested. Same address as last Fall?
Definitely bring it! Different address from last year. PMing you now with the new address... :D

#28: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

spressomon wrote:Dang it; feast or famine for calendar events again! We have an event in Reno that will keep us on this side of the Sierra; otherwise we would have loved to attended and met folks in person!
Darn! Well, I may have another in the fall. I know March was a tough one to make for lots of people.

sosha
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by sosha »

Cher....sorry to say, I won't be there this weekend. The flu has gotten its nasty little hands on me, and I'm not gonna be able to make it.

But, if you do it in the Fall, I'll banish all illness to the depths of hell to make sure i get there!

Patty
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

#30: Post by doubleOsoul (original poster) »

mdmvrockford wrote:Unfortunately, I cannot attend (but plan to be in Sacramento/Bay Area/Yosemite again within five years). I do have a request. IF you have spare Canadian maple syrup after your get together AND you can spare some from your personal need THEN quote me a cost (item and shipping) :lol:

Sorry mods if this should it off topic. :oops:

LOL! Yes, chat shortly about it :)