Austin TX Coffee Shops?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
jonathan_fl

#1: Post by jonathan_fl »

I did a search here but didn't find much other than Proud Mary's Cafe, which is already on my list to visit when I'm there over the next couple of weeks. Any other recommendations for local coffee shops that are a don't-miss? Thanks!

Hudson

#2: Post by Hudson »

Houndstooth has consistently served my favorite espressos.
LMWDP #534

Advertisement
TomC
Team HB

#3: Post by TomC »

jonathan_fl wrote:I did a search here but didn't find much other than Proud Mary's Cafe, which is already on my list to visit when I'm there over the next couple of weeks. Any other recommendations for local coffee shops that are a don't-miss? Thanks!

I'm actually going to do a write-up on Proud Mary Coffee Austin here in a few days. I got back from a visit last week but just haven't had the time.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Espressmyself

#4: Post by Espressmyself »

My favorites are Greater Goods and Praxis. Medici is good too, and if you want the classic Austin location on the lake, it's Mozarts

Espressmyself

#5: Post by Espressmyself »

A couple more - Cuvée. It's nearby Canje, one of the best new restaurants in Austin, and highly recommended. Also, although not a coffee shop, go have an espresso at the bar at Sammie's Italian - they use Figure Eight coffee pulled on a gorgeous Arduino twin lever - one of the sweetest shots I've ever had

invisibro

#6: Post by invisibro »

I live in Austin and have a few coffee nerd friends. Here's our list of favorite cafes:

Local Coffee Favorites:
Barrett's*+
Co-dependent
Greater Goods*+
Fleet*
Flitch*
Houndstooth*
Medici*+
Merit*
Mañana
Proud Mary*
Spokesman*+
* sells whole bean coffee
+ roasts in Austin

HB
Admin

#7: Post by HB »

TomC wrote:I was in Austin last week for my sister's wedding, and my second most important destination was to pay a visit to the new Proud Mary Cafe opened by Founder Nolan Hirte. I'd been following their progress via social media and was excited to check them out firsthand. One of my employees commutes from her home in Austin to SF for work and proctored a bag of coffee for me just a week before my visit. Their coffees are very solid quality, roasted competently.
Read the full writeup with lots of photos: Proud Mary Coffee - Austin Texas.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
jonathan_fl (original poster)

#8: Post by jonathan_fl (original poster) »

This is great - thanks for the recommendations!