Any experts in Seattle or south to Tacoma?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
rutilate

#1: Post by rutilate »

Folks,
I'm a recent coffee convert, having escaped from Mormonism and found a new Holy Grail. And I'd love to get together with folks in Seattle to discuss and learn all things coffee.

I just posted in the tips and tricks section indicating that despite my best efforts, all my shots for the last 1.5 years have been SOUR and I'd love to learn correct technique with all things coffee.

Is there someone in the Seattle South area who'd be willing to let me visit, taste what good espresso SHOULD taste like, and allow me to enviously covet their machinery? I'm between Tacoma and Federal Way but am certainly willing to travel.

cebseb

#2: Post by cebseb »

Hey Matt,

I'm nowhere near an expert, but you're more than welcome to come around sometime to hang out and try some coffee from my setup. I've also started roasting and have delved deeply into that area. That's where I've learned the most about what to look for in terms of quality in the cup. Send me a pm whenever you feel like it. Cheers!

rutilate (original poster)

#3: Post by rutilate (original poster) replying to cebseb »

Thanks for the reply. PM sent.

GGinTexas

#4: Post by GGinTexas »

I've been to federal way while truck driving. If I lived there I would love to meet up with Todd @ Millar's wood roasted coffee and the Pull lever espresso machine in fact I in process of buying one of his pull machines. I think he has some cafe that use this pull lever machine. Plus's other cool projects like rebuilding a 100 year old probate fire coffee roasting.
LMWDP # 471
If GOD be for us, who can be against us!

#5: Post by rutilate (original poster) replying to GGinTexas »

That's a great suggestion! I'll take a look and see if I can find him.

#6: Post by rutilate (original poster) »

cebseb wrote:Hey Matt,

I'm nowhere near an expert, but you're more than welcome to come around sometime to hang out and try some coffee from my setup. I've also started roasting and have delved deeply into that area. That's where I've learned the most about what to look for in terms of quality in the cup. Send me a pm whenever you feel like it. Cheers!
An HUGE shoutout to cebceb who invited me to visit his place and shared a ton of insights and information. What an amazing wealth of knowledge! He helped me get a good flavor profile for the beans I brought, showed me the difference in flavors between distributed and not, and much, much more. Based on his recommendations, I've put my name on the waiting lists for the Decent Espresso machine and the Monolith grinder.

A supremely helpful experience. Thanks again!