The 7th annual Chicago/Milwaukee Summer Get Together

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Prairiedawg

#1: Post by Prairiedawg »

Well, it's that time of year again so it's time to plan for the annual summer get together. I'll be doing the poll as usual and i'll pick the day that most or all can attend. My summer is mostly open right now but I know everyone's schedules fill up fast.

I'll be making Neapolitan pies again but probably half the number as last time. I'll also probably throw some sort of animal carcass on the smoker so we'll have BBQ as well.

I'm doing the Doodle poll again and this is open to all HB members. Please follow the link below and pick the days you are available. Hopefully we can find a day all the regulars can attend and maybe see some new faces.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/epkl19pd

The available dates are 6/17,24 7/8,15,22,29 and 8/5
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

vberch

#2: Post by vberch »

I am really looking forward to it!!

Advertisement
another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

So am I.
Jim Schulman

Prairiedawg (original poster)

#4: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

I'm leaning towards July 29 or August 5th. I know not everyone can make those days but those are the ones that work best for me and have the most affirmative votes. I'll make a decision in the next week or so. If you voted no for either but think maybe on one or the other, let me know and it will help make my decision.

Thanks

#5: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

I'm picking a day, July 29, so there we are. Hopefully everyone can make it. See you then.

mdmvrockford

#6: Post by mdmvrockford »

Thank you in advance for hosting.

From your post after 2022 Chicago/Milwaukee Get Together
Prairiedawg wrote:Next year, hot dogs and Miller lite.
Are the hot dogs going to be like Chicago's (R.I.P.) Hot Doug's foie gras wieners :lol: ? https://gastronomyblog.com/2012/04/09/hot-dougs/
LMWDP #568

Sideshow

#7: Post by Sideshow »

Miller Lite? Jeez, should I bring my tux? I'm a proud Natural Light man...

Advertisement

#8: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

No tuxes, these are store brand hot dogs and cheap beer. That calls for smart casual and sport jackets.

vberch

#9: Post by vberch »

In that case, I'll bring a 6-pack of Milwaukee's Best, unless you prefer Old Milwaukee.

#10: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

I thought I would bump this thread again as we get closer to our date, July 29th. If any HB members would like to come, respond here or PM me and I can give you details. We have a great bunch of regulars and are always looking for new faces. Location is centrally located in far SE Wisconsin.

I plan on having some offerings from Klatch plus it sounds like there will be an Ethiopian roast off. I have a bunch of Texas style short Ribs I am going to throw on the smoker. Think salt, pepper and smoke. Mmmm. Plus our Neapolitan pies and all the regular fixins.

Hope to see everyone here, PDawg