The 6th annual Chicago/Milwaukee BBQ/Tapas/Now Pizza Party July 23rd - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Sideshow

#11: Post by Sideshow »

Prairiedawg wrote:Sideshow, if I pick the 9th, could you possibly make it?
I'd love to but that day is my 40th birthday, so we have plans.

Prairiedawg (original poster)

#12: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

Save the date, July 23rd is the day. That was that day that would work for the most people. To the ones that cannot make that day, sorry but I had to pick one and there wasn't unanimous agreement. If you can make that day, then please come.

If you don't have my address then please PM me for details.

Thanks everyone.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

#13: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

So we're a little over a month out. I need to start getting a head count from everyone. I have to make a bunch of pizza dough in advance and freeze them. I'm open to topping suggestions. I'll have traditional Margarita pizza plus some grilled veggies and various charcuterie. Feel free to bring interesting things to try.

Anyone who hasn't responded before and is interested in attending, please PM me for more details.

dcbrown1
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by dcbrown1 »

Hi...my frield Vlad is going...and I'm planning on attending too! Sounds awesome. Thanks!

#15: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

Sounds good. The more the merrier. Feel free to bring a significant other if you like.

#16: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

2 weeks and counting. If everyone could give me a head count by next Saturday, that would be great.

Thanks, see everyone the 23rd.

#17: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

Last call

Jake_G
Team HB

#18: Post by Jake_G »

I just finished the 2.5 hr drive home from this event and all I can say is "Wow."

John, I can't say enough about the hospitality you and your equally wonderful other half showed us all today. Thanks for sharing your home with us! It was great to meet so many folks face to face and pull lots of shots of great coffees from a variety of accomplished home roasters, as well some from established commercial roasters from around the globe. The coffee and tapas were great, and the pizza was better, but the star of the event was certainly the company.

Thanks again for hosting and the warm the welcome and thanks everyone who came and made the event such a treat for this coffee nerd to be a part of it all. If any of you are ever within earshot of the greater Neenah/Appleton area, send me a PM. You're all more than welcome to pop in for a shot or 12.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

another_jim
Team HB

#19: Post by another_jim »

An amazing meetup, as usual (does that make sense?).

The pizza oven is a marvel -- stone floor, huge flame jet playing over the metal ceiling, and a thin crust pie is done in 2 1/2 minutes flat, with a nice fluffy and browned edge, and no gumminess in the center. We had to race to turn out shots faster than the pies.

But as marvelous as the food and drink was, the people are even better. Special thanks to Jake_G for making a long trip to come down and getting to know everyone. He's even nicer and more expert in person than he is on-line.
Jim Schulman

Sideshow

#20: Post by Sideshow »

Thanks John for hosting. Every time I come I'm somehow blown away in a different way. And I have to say that we have the best little community here. These events are part of the highlights of my year!