The 3rd Annual 2019 HB Chicago/Milwaukee BBQ- July 27th - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
another_jim
Team HB

#11: Post by another_jim »

The Profitec can handle all our caffeination needs, and I'm guessing people will bring he usual assortment of levers for the fancier shots; but if more groups are required, I could bring the Strega. I'll bring the Niche in any case for any extra grinding needs, since it's easy to carry.
Jim Schulman

earlgrey_44

#12: Post by earlgrey_44 »

another_jim wrote: I'll bring the Niche in any case for any extra grinding needs, since it's easy to carry.
Yes, please - more experimentation needed here.

I'm thinking to bring the Macap and do a bit of a taste-off. Probably learn something.
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

Advertisement
Prairiedawg (original poster)

#13: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

Yes, but the hassle of bringing the Strega is probably not worth it.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

#14: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

Last call

Last call, I'm getting a final head count. If you would like to attend but haven't contacted me , please do so right away.

#15: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

Well its almost here. Looking forward to this all summer. The menu will be 2 pork shoulders, barbecued hot wings, scalloped potatoes, creamed corn with roasted poblano peppers and a meat and cheese tray. My wife will make her fantastic lemon curd cheesecake squares.

Jim promised to bring some of his excellent cured salmon and I'm sure Earlgrey will surprise us with something wonderful. Vlad promised a very nice Kenya peaberry and we'll see what else shows up.

See everyone Saturday morning.

another_jim
Team HB

#16: Post by another_jim »

My mouth is already watering.
Jim Schulman

#17: Post by Prairiedawg (original poster) »

Pork shoulder is on the smoker!

Advertisement
Sideshow

#18: Post by Sideshow »

Thanks to everyone for making this the standard amazing get together. Of course, special thanks to the hosts, whose cooking skills are outdone only by their warmth and generosity!

another_jim
Team HB

#19: Post by another_jim »

John and Christine put on a great spread as usual. We all had a great time. The retrofit needle valve on John's Profitec works pretty much like the Bianca; in fact, it seems we pulled a lot more shots than usual.
Jim Schulman

MattHowell

#20: Post by MattHowell »

Hey all! I've been lurking a little for the past year, but held off commenting or participating because I didn't have a home machine and didn't care too much for 'spro. But now I have a machine and I'M HOOKED.

Cant wait for the next Chicago/Milwaukee meetup so I can meet some likeminded folks and learn from y'all!