2016 Northern California Meet Up- Spring

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

Joel and some others have been mentioning that they're looking to scratch that itch and come up with some plans for a meetup. Currently unscheduled and we'd like to hear suggestions for where and when and what. Gear gathering? Roasting gathering? Coffee roasting comp? Let's hear some ideas from anyone willing to come within say ~50 miles from the Bay Area.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Not2Bitter

#2: Post by Not2Bitter »

Gear!!!!

Advertisement
nuketopia

#3: Post by nuketopia »

Coffee!

We have so many good local roasters in the Bay Area, both well-known and some that are definitely up and coming.

I'm an espresso guy mostly - so that would be my interest.

And grinders, especially the niche of high-quality, single-dosing espresso grinding.

slickrock

#4: Post by slickrock »

The thought is that I'd host it at my place. I've since moved to a bigger place in the Lamorinda East Bay Area with easier BART access.

I would be able to showcase my modded North 1Kg roaster that has been fully automated with PID/Artisan and proportional valve. I'm hoping some folks could bring some their cool grinders (hint Tom). Levers and other portable roasters and espresso machines are welcome.

Let me know your level of interest and if high, spread the word.
07/11/1991, 08/21/2017, 04/08/2024, 08/12/2045

drgary
Team HB

#5: Post by drgary »

slickrock wrote:Let me know your level of interest and if high, spread the word.
This could be interpreted in more than one way and it is the SF Bay Area ... wish I could join you folks!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Not2Bitter

#6: Post by Not2Bitter »

I'd be in and I've got more than a few things I could bring.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

I'd be interested, depending on the date and could bring my La Peppina lever if there's interest.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
slickrock

#8: Post by slickrock »

drgary wrote:wish I could join you folks!
I see a road trip in your future... I'm sure the group would spring for your fuel costs so that you may grace us with your presence and your latest lever machine that I'm sure you want to showcase.
07/11/1991, 08/21/2017, 04/08/2024, 08/12/2045

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

It's a loooong drive, as Cher will tell you when she attends. Give me some time to finish getting my practice going up here and a Bay Area visit (by plane) will happen. Meanwhile the closest we get to CA is a trip to Ashland for some Shakespeare and a visit to Clint and maybe Stefano and Kathleen. I will probably bring along the "Ultimate Europiccola" that Stefano gave me as a project machine while apologizing to Janet for adding to my herd. :lol:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Kipp

#10: Post by Kipp »

I'm interested too. Maybe bring gear and bring a couple bags of your favorite beans and we could pull a bunch of shots?