[SOLD] Versalab M3 grinder

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Neddisc
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Neddisc »

I am selling my Versalab M3 grinder for $1500. We're moving and downsizing and I have to sell most of my grinders, which has somehow grown to 8(!).

I am also including: an unused set of replacement flat burrs, the original flat burrs, and a single unused burr. Espresso parts had a sale on them in 2017 so I purchased them. I put one set in the grinder, and kept one set new in the box. I also have a single unused burr because one of the burr boxes only had one burr in it, so they refunded that set and let me keep the burr :).

It was purchased new in 2012. Can provide serial number on request. One of the nice things about the Versalab is as they make improvements, you can purchase them and make your grinder 'new'.

The maintenance/improvement history of this grinder is:

1. Flat burr portion of the DRM set replaced in 2017. I replaced them more because I had new ones than feeling the old ones were worn out. I
think the originals still have some life left, but I am no expert on such things. You can decide what to do with them.

2. Grinder shipped to Versalab in 2019 for rebuild to bring the grinder up to the standards current for that time. This ended up being the final
version of the M3. Following is the list of updates from the Versalab website that occurred between the time I purchased the grinder and when I
sent it to them for rebuild that encompasses what they did:

a. Big pulley/shaft bolt torqued to 200 in/lbs.

b. Shafts pressed into bearings, checked for run out. Glued into top plate. Recheck run out. Top of grinder frame dowelled together
within .002". From this time on, misalignment is not possible unless the machine is damaged (even shipping dropping wouldn't
alter alignment). Radial run out within .003" TIR, axial within .0004" TIR.

c. 17-4 ph stainless steel small pulleys. Quite hard. The original design of knurled aluminum pulleys were found to be wearing the
knurling. The new pulleys will last a very long time.

d. Tighter belts, slight increase in speed to 550 rpm. To provide better grinding with light roasts.

3. Last month I replaced the moving wiper with their newly designed one that contains a bushing to improve stability.

I never put the stickers on that show the markers for grind settings. For me, I didn't feel they were necessary. I'll include them along with anything else that came in the box.

I am pricing at $1500, which is under half the price for a new grinder with portafilter holder ($3165). This would ensure that even if you elect to purchase the upgrade kit to make the grinder an M4 ($475) you would still save a little under $1,200 over the current price for the same set-up.

Free to pick-up, or I can ship for cost in the original Versalab box they shipped it to me in.