[SOLD] Two Aligned Baratza Fortés

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
jevenator

#1: Post by jevenator »

Reason for sale: Monolith Flat on the way :D

First one, I bought from Baratza back at the end of May 2019. I've had it ever since and I have used it for all types of brewing applications. I would always clean it out when switching brew methods. It will come with just the grounds bin, clear virtuoso hopper (no lid), shut-off hopper with lid (The lids are the same), burr carrier removal tool, adjustment tool, and original box & packaging. Some scratches from normal wear here and there. The detents are super stiff sometimes and Baratza is sending me replacements ones that I will swap out for.

I'm asking for $700 + shipping OBO SOLD

The second one, I purchased locally. I cleaned it up & actually traded away the steel burrs for ceramic ones to use as my espresso grinder. Ceramic just made everything two times faster and quieter so I stuck with them. They do have a bit of trouble extracting super light roast espresso for whatever reason. I feel like they excel closer to medium roasts. Price is discounted because I do not have the removal tool nor the adjustment tool and it has the ceramic burrs. It will come with the shut-off hopper and smoked "color" virtuoso hopper with lid, the grounds bin, and porta-holder. It does have some more wear and tear on the sides and back panel along with the screen protector kinda tearing. This doesn't affect it in any way and all "buttons" work perfectly fine. There is a small crack on the underside as pictured and that was there when I bought it. There is a sticker on the bottom saying it was refurbished by Baratza on 3-9-15 so that should give you an approximate age of it.

Will not ship in the original box, asking for $580 + shipping OBO.

Both of these are aligned using the alicorn method of alignment by me. The belt tension is slightly looser on the older Forté with the ceramic burrs than I have it from my other Forté because I kept getting the interference pattern from the belt. I'm not sure if it makes that big of a difference as I'm still getting good extractions on espresso and when I had steel burrs the same flavor from both of them for pour-overs. I did the flapper flip as well and I single dose them only with the Virtuoso hopper.

I will clean everything out to make the grinder almost like-new as much as possible.

Let me know if you have any questions and we can hop on a video call if you want to see something up-close or want any pictures.