To minimize spam posts and moderator headaches, the Buy/Sell forum has posting limitations:
- Buyer [moderated] - no post count or membership length requirement. Can post replies to existing for sale [FS] threads; moderator must approve the post before it's shown.
- Buyer / Seller [moderated] - more than 90 days membership and a minimum of 15 qualified (*) posts in the last 2 years. Can start want to buy [WTB], for sale [FS] and for trade [FT] threads; moderator must approve the post before it's shown.
- Buyer / Seller [unrestricted] - more than 180 days membership and a minimum of 30 qualified (*) posts in the last 2 years in the non-Buy/Sell forums and 10 completed sale threads in the Buy/Sell forum. Can reply and start new threads without moderator approval.
Don't meet one of the criteria above? Bypass the Buyer / Seller [moderated] restrictions by becoming an HB supporter! ♡
This forum is for private sales only for members with an established site history; by starting a for sale [FS] or for trade [FT] thread, you confirm that you are not in the business of selling espresso machines, coffee or equipment, even on a casual basis. This limitation includes the sale of office equipment or inventory from a past business venture. If you are a small business owner and wish to advertise on Home-Barista.com, please contact me offline for details.
As your history with the site lengthens, your Buy/Sell status is automatically updated. For example, if you are a long-time member and you register with Buy/Sell forum, you will be initially assigned a status of "Buyer / Seller [moderated]" until you've posted 10 completed sales in the Buy/Sell forum, at which point you are reassigned to the "Buyer/Seller [unrestricted]" category, meaning that you can post without moderator approval. This extra step for oldtimers is to assure all members are familiar with the approval process (it's the only forum on this site requiring approval) and the Buy/Sell forum gets off to a good start.
(*) To keep "noise" down in the Buy/Sell forum, participation is limited to members who have a history with the site. Were this not the case, experience has proven that many first-time visitors post one [WTB] thread and are never heard from again. That's not the sort of membership we want to encourage. Therefore, to encourage a more engaged membership and to discourage new members from attempting to inflate their post count to qualify as a seller in the Buy/Sell forum, the post counts are qualified by only counting a maximum of 5 posts in a given week.
PLEASE READ THESE ADDITIONAL RULES:
- This forum is for private sales only; by starting a for sale [FS] or for trade [FT] thread, you confirm that you are not in the business of selling espresso machines, coffee or equipment, even on a casual basis. This limitation includes the sale of office equipment or inventory from a past business venture.
- If you are a Seller, you must include your real name and location in your site profile.
- The thread's subject must include a "transaction type" prefix: [WTB] = want to buy, [FS] = for sale, [FT] = for trade, [FREE] = giveaway, [AD] = advertisement.
- For sale [FS] and for trade [FT] posts must include a photo of the actual item (not a stock photo) and a price; see Posting images on HB for step-by-step instructions.
- Save yourself headaches; read Packing espresso equipment for shipment.
- When an item is sold, change the subject line prefix to [SOLD]; in the case of a want to buy thread, the prefix should be changed to [FOUND]. For historical purposes, please do not edit/delete the item description, images, etc. Threads whose status or price is not updated for 30 days will automatically be marked as sold/found.
- To keep background back-and-forth posts to a minimum, please use PMs to communicate with the seller/buyer. Similarly, please no posting "PM sent", "bump", or "sold" replies. Replies pointing out a price update are permitted.
- Want-to-buy threads that are not updated as [FOUND] after 30 days may be deleted.
- Please respect the site's no cross-posting policy. Moderators reserve the right to delete cross-posts.
- Reposting or promoting your eBay, craigslist, or other listings on this site is not permitted. Moderators reserve the right to delete promotional posts.
- As a matter of policy, moderators will not become involved in any disputes between sellers and buyers. However, please note that your participation in the forum is a privilege, not a right and that your privileges may be revoked and/or suspended if other members lodge legitimate complaints about you.
- PayPal's User Agreement stipulates "You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions." For Sale posts stating the buyer must pay for PayPal fees will be rejected.
- Please price your sale competitively so your item finds a new home quickly; this benefits buyers and sellers alike. See How to price used espresso equipment for helpful suggestions. If your item doesn't sell after 60 days, moderators reserve the right to remove your listing and bar it from being listed again.