To minimize spam posts and moderator headaches, the Buy/Sell forum has posting limitations:
- Member - no Buy/Sell registration required. Can use personal messages ("PMs") to contact sellers.
- Buyer / Seller [moderated] - Buy/Sell registration required. More than 90 days membership and a minimum of 12 qualified (*) posts in the last year. Can start for sale [FS], for trade [FT], or want to buy [WTB] threads; moderator must approve the post before it's shown.
- Buyer / Seller [unrestricted] - Buy/Sell registration required. More than 180 days membership and a minimum of 30 qualified (*) posts in the last 2 years in the non-Buy/Sell forums and 15 completed sale threads in the Buy/Sell forum.
Don't meet one of the criteria above? Bypass the [FS], [FT], and [WTB] restrictions by becoming an HB supporter! ♡
Buyers: Be aware that payment services like Venmo and Zelle are for "friends" and therefore offer no protection against non-delivery. Unless you are buying from a highly trusted source, insist on a payment service with buyer protection. Per PayPal's no surcharges policy, the seller cannot require that you pay extra for buyer protection.
This forum is for private sales only for members with an established site history; by starting a [FS] or [FT] thread, you confirm that you are not in the business of selling espresso machines, coffee or equipment, even on a casual basis. This limitation includes the sale of office equipment, cafe equipment, bulk sales, or inventory from a past business venture. If you are a small business owner and wish to advertise on Home-Barista.com, please contact me offline for details.
As your site history lengthens, your Buy/Sell status is automatically updated. You can check your status anytime by clicking here.
(*) To keep "noise" down in the Buy/Sell forum, participation is limited to members who have a history with the site and contributors. Were this not the case, experience has proven that many first-time visitors post one [WTB] thread and are never heard from again. That's not the sort of membership we want to encourage. Therefore, to encourage a more engaged membership and to discourage new members from attempting to inflate their post count to qualify as a seller in the Buy/Sell forum, the post counts are qualified by only counting a maximum of 2 non-trivial posts per day, totaling no more than 4 posts in a given week.
PLEASE READ THESE ADDITIONAL RULES:
- This forum is for private sales only; by starting a for sale [FS] or for trade [FT] thread, you confirm that you are not in the business of selling espresso machines, coffee or equipment, even on a casual basis. This limitation includes the sale of office equipment, cafe equipment, bulk sales, or inventory from a past business venture.
- If you are a Seller, you must include your real name and location in your site profile.
- The thread's subject must include a "transaction type" prefix: [WTB] = want to buy, [FS] = for sale, [FT] = for trade, [FREE] = giveaway, [AD] = advertisement.
- For sale [FS] and for trade [FT] posts must include a photo of the actual item (not a stock photo) and a price; see Posting images on HB for step-by-step instructions.
- Save yourself headaches; read Packing espresso equipment for shipment.
- When an item is sold, press the "Mark Sold" button; in the case of a want to buy thread, use the "Mark Found" button. For historical purposes, please do not edit/delete the item description, images, etc. Threads whose status or price is not updated for 30 days will automatically be marked as sold/found.
- To keep background back-and-forth posts to a minimum, please use PMs to communicate with the seller/buyer. Similarly, please no posting "PM sent", "bump", or "sold" replies. Replies pointing out a price update are permitted.
- Want-to-buy threads that are not updated as [FOUND] after 30 days may be deleted.
- Please respect the site's no cross-posting policy. Moderators reserve the right to delete cross-posts.
- Reposting or promoting your eBay, craigslist, reddit or other listings on this site is not permitted. Moderators reserve the right to delete promotional posts.
- As a matter of policy, moderators will not become involved in any disputes between sellers and buyers. However, please note that your participation in the forum is a privilege, not a right, and that your privileges may be revoked and/or suspended if other members lodge legitimate complaints about you.
- PayPal's User Agreement stipulates "You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions." For Sale posts stating the buyer must pay the PayPal fees (e.g., "net to me") or must use "Friends and Family" payment will be rejected.
- Please price your sale competitively so your item finds a new home quickly; this benefits buyers and sellers alike. See How to price used espresso equipment for helpful suggestions. Moderators reserve the right to delete listings priced above retail or with excessive "reduced price" updates. If your item doesn't sell after 60 days, moderators reserve the right to remove your listing and bar it from being listed again.