[SOLD] Mahlkonig K30 Vario Grinder

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
spearfish25

#1: Post by spearfish25 »

For sale is my Mahlkonig K30 Vario grinder for $900. Shipping to be added based on buyer's location and will need to be insured with signature required. Other options and locations are possible but will require a pricing adjustment. I purchased the grinder new from SCG in 12/15 and have used it for two double espresso every morning since that time. The current shot counters show 1303 singles and 2777 doubles. The burrs are rated for 100,000 shots before replacement so this grinder is just getting broken in now. I used the single shot setting for different grind times, hence the accumulation of both counters. The grinder works flawlessly and like new. There are some light scratches in the stainless steel around the portafilter holder from the portafilter and a dosing funnel touching there to activate grinding. Included in the sale is the small Mahlkonig hopper and a custom tube that fits in the grinder neck that holds about 80g of beans if you want to put it under a low cabinet. My cabinets were 17.5" high and that mod worked well for me.

I'll also include a small tamper that I put in the 80g tube to place weight on the beans for consistency when grinding and a new silicone flapper valve should you need to change it at some point.

I've loved this grinder but decided to go back to single dosing having purchased a Niche Zero.

For those who know know the K30, it grinds 18-20g of coffee in 3.2 seconds. I use a naked portafiler and get perfect pours without WDT, RDT or special maneuvers. You just grind into the portafilter, tamp and go.