[SOLD] Lyn Weber HG-1

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
TallDan

#1: Post by TallDan »

With some hesitation, I am offering my Lyn Weber HG-1 for sale. I bought it from another user here on Home-Barista in February of last year. He sold it because he had purchased a Kafatek grinder, and now I am selling for the same reason. At the time of my purchase, the previous owner said that he purchased new in November 2015 and used it for 2-3 shots a day. I used it for 6-8 shots a week, or an estimated 25lb of coffee while I had it.

This grinder works wonderfully. My preference is medium to light roasted coffees, which can take a little more effort with this grinder, but the results were worth it in my opinion. It has 83mm conical burrs. There are some small knicks/dents in both the grinder and the "blind tumbler" from normal use. Most of these are barely noticeable, and none affect use in any way. You will also notice a scratch on the side of the grinder. Sale includes the pictured grinder and tumbler as well as the optional leather mat. Normally included from Lyn Weber is an allen wrench to install and remove the plastic funnel "wiper" and handle. I seem to have lost that wrench. It was just a basic 5mm allen wrench, but it will not be included since I can't find it.

I've been tempted to keep this as it's a nice match for the cafelat robot and I like the idea of the "no electricity" espresso using both together. Bottom line though, I can't see using very much and it just doesn't make sense to keep around for occasional use.

Any questions? Please ask! Want any more specific pictures? let me know!

Asking $775. Buyer to pay shipping. I have it boxed up in the packaging that it was shipped to me in, so I can ship quickly. I typically get a little better rates with my personal fedex account than UPS, but can ship with either. Ships from 60062 (Northbrook, IL).