[SOLD] La Pavoni Europiccola Pre-Millenium "Project"

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
vze26m98

#1: Post by vze26m98 »

I'm selling my Pavoni Europiccola Pre-Millenium that I've had for seven years now, and realize I won't ever restore it. It's in good working shape, but isn't in mint condition, so listen up! Defects are described below.

I'm asking $450 or best offer, plus actual cost of shipping. You choose Fedex, UPS or USPS. Shipped in a double box, partially disassembled: grouphead removed from boiler, lever removed from grouphead. Lot of bubble wrap.

It's 110 volts with a Richard Penney portafliter, Orphan tamper & dosing ring, and (I believe) a non-original but new Pavoni plastic drip tray. I forget where I purchased the (non-Pavoni) pressure gauge and stainless sightglass adapter. I have Pavoni single and double baskets, plus an Elektra MCAL basket, with one made into a "poor man's scace". I'm also including the original lever handle and pins, plus miscellaneous gaskets, stainless bolts for the grouphead, Orphans steam tip, etc.

Defects are as follows:

Peeling of plating and mild rust at base under drip tray:

Plating worn off on grouphead due to lever rub:

Steam valve functional, but boiler indented (to left) at attachment point:

PSTAT functional, but boiler indented (to left) at attachment point:

Steam wand might be bent, but overall extremely difficult to use without some work:

Thanks for looking!

Update for a question from an HB-er:
From what I read, the steam wand is broken but it looks like it can probably be replaced and returned to working condition - would you say that's right?
It's amazing how few pictures of Pavoni steam wands found on the Internet actually detail their proper shape. My analysis is that the steam wand is slightly bent, and could easily be returned to its correct shape through the use of an appropriate tube bender. The more difficult issue is that the steam valve bent the boiler slightly when it was shipped to me, and I think that would be the first issue to resolve. In other words: straighten the boiler where it meets the valve, and there may be little to no bending of the wand needed to get things functional.

Taking a final step back: the steam valve and wand are completely functional, but bent in such a way that it's very difficult to get a pitcher correctly oriented to properly steam milk.