This is an "off-the-menu" item from La Marzocco that has a Strada MP group and no steam boiler.
It's like a Ferrari with no air conditioner. Only for purists!
I am the original owner and purchased in 2012 and has the pre-conical manual valve.
It has normal wear and scuffs. Note in the photos that there is some deeper scratches under the boiler gauge.
This is where I mounted a magnetic inspection mirror (to see the bottomless PF pulls)
old photo with mirror:
Magnetic inspection mirror
I have modified this to have a "slayer-style" needle valve. More information can be seen in the following links
http://www.shawndo.com/2018/11/17/flow- ... conclusion
Help with yet another flow profiling modification
This modification was more than a few hundred dollars and has remained reliable for several years (no leaks or maintenance required)
The modification can be fully reversed except for the hole drilled into the front under the PID that holds the button
for the solenoid (to force the slower flow through the needle valve)
Reversal is a simple swap.
I contacted LM to try and order packing materials but they do not offer them.
This would need a custom mini pallet to ship properly so I am listing this as local pickup only for now.
About the Shot Brewer
Apocryphal story i heard was that when the Strada group was introduced, they made the short brewer out of
available parts so the group could be moved around demonstrated without lugging around the full 2 group machine.
Some enthusiasts saw it at a trade show and asked to be able to place orders for them. I was anti-milk at the time
so i called around until I could arrange the sale!
- Strada MP saturated group
- Manual valve with paddle control
- Fuji PXR3 PID (also used by LM on old style Lineas)
- No Reservoir, needs plumbing or Flojet setup.
- No Steam Boiler
- Original copper tube assembly (to reverse mod)
- OEM brass single and double spouted portafilters
- OEM brass bottomless portafilter
- LM Tamper
- Blind Basket
- LM manual paddle group o-ring removal tool UT004
- extra rubber group gasket (in addition to the new cafelat silicon blue one I put in the machine)
- replacement gasket kit model SA600K
- 2 baskets of your choice (i'll send a list of available)
Original MSRP was $4500
Mod was a few hundred
Extras are a couple hundred or so
Asking $3500 OBO
Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
- Supporter ★
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra