Information: As of October 7th 2019, this machine has been completely disassembled and rebuilt. Frame was sandblasted and powder coated, all seals and gaskets have been replaced. A brand new Ulka pump has been installed. The boiler, all copper pipes, fittings, solenoids, hoses, and stainless steel pieces have been descaled & cleaned. The stainless steel panels have been professionally cleaned and polished. Please see the rebuild thread below.
Rebuild/Restoration thread: La Cimbali Junior S/1 circa 2000 restoration
- Semi Automatic HX Pour-Over Machine
- Sight glass - not available on newer machines
- Stainless steel water reservoir (not plastic like in newer pour over machines)
- Ulka pump (Just replaced with a brand new one, also pretty inexpensive if it ever needs to be replaced)
- Big cup holder storage - up to 20 espresso cups
- Built with ease of service in mind: takes 10 seconds to remove dispersion screen; by far the easiest to replace the head gasket (you don't have to pry it like in other machines since the whole group drops down after you remove three screws); side panels are removed in matter of seconds, just undo one screw on each side.
- La Cimbali double portafilter with a double basket
- Rechargeable water softner
- Voltage: 220V
- Max Power: 1300 - 1600W
- Boiler: 2.5 liters
- Water reservoir: 2.5 liters
- Width: 12.5 inches
- Height: 17.5 inches
- Depth: 18.25 inches
- Weight: 68 lbs
A few cosmetic notes: The steam knob has a crack, a couple of the feet don't sit perfectly (the bottom of the frame was bent) that being said the unit does sit evenly as you can adjust the feet, one side of the bottom base stainless panels isn't perfectly tucked in, and the top La Cimbali bubble display sticker has some coffee residue inside of it/a mark or two. I bought the machine like this, however I did my best to correct as many issues as possible, none of these cosmetic issues affect performance. The La Cimbali Junior S/1 is built like a tank and will last decades with proper care.
This machine would be excellent in a small cafe or in a household with frequent coffee drinkers. This unit can be left on all day and has tremendous steaming power. I have been using it for the last week in my shop to make sure it is operating properly and it has been a pleasure! I've been pulling 2-3 shots a day and each shot has been consistent and tasty.
Again, this machine is 220v, if you plan to use this machine in your home, make sure you have the proper voltage. The plug I am using for this machine is a standard 220v plug, you may need to switch it out for a plug that fits your 220v outlet. One great thing about a 220v machine is the fast turnaround on shots, steam and water pressure.
Reason for selling is I have another identical La Cimbali Junior which I am working on right now and might keep instead.
Asking price is $1100 $950, I will *STILL* consider a reasonable offer. Prefer a local sale/pickup, I am in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I will deliver anywhere in the tri-county area although if you are local, i'd prefer you come to my shop and inspect the machine. I will ship at buyers expense, if you are considering that option, we'll discuss the best method of shipping. No sales outside of the USA.
PM me with any questions or offers, thanks!
Please excuse the many photos, I just want to show the machine all around.