[SOLD] Hottop KN-8828P

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
naid

#1: Post by naid »

Selling a Hottop KN-8828P roaster. I bought it last year from a local enthusiast as a learning tool, and it served me well, until recently upgrading to a 2kg commercial machine. The Hottop is programmable, but does not have a PC interface. All programming is done via the onboard LCD. There are some good starting profiles here: https://www.hottopamericas.com/profileP.html - or you can use automatic mode.

The Hottop works great, no functional issues whatsoever. Cosmetically it's average, with slight bubbling on the front cover, and the LCD plastic cover is showing some waviness. The rear paper filter is due for replacement soon ($11 from Hottop), or it could be converted to mesh (various guides online). Parts are readily available from Hottop, and so is an upgrade kit ($600) that would bring it to the latest spec with new thermocouples, new display and Artisan connectivity.

Optimal batch size is around 250g. It can roast less or slightly more.

Price is $650 shipped anywhere in the US.

Or you are welcome to pick it up in Charlotte, NC for $600, in which case I'd be happy to demonstrate the machine for you and do a roast together.