[GONE] Custom Knockbox

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by TenLayers »

The forum has given me so much, I wanted to give something back.

I was commissioned by a winery to build a large table for their new VIP tasting room experience. The wood for that table was to come from trees on their properties that had been harvested.
The wood for the knockbox came from cutoffs of the legs for the table.

The design of the box allows for either the heel or the toe of the portafilter to be used to knock the puck out. The box is fairly large. 9"x 6 1/4". It's 4 1/2" tall. Insides have been coated with a two part epoxy that held up very fine on my own personal knockbox.

The knocker has two layers of 11oz. vegetable tanned leather, handstitched with a couple coats of Obenauf's leather wax. It comes out for cleaning of the insides.

As an added bonus!! I burnt my logo into the insides. MU...MakerUnknown.

I'll pay for shipping. One time deal, not making anymore, don't want anything other than to give back to Home-Barista.
But you know, I want it to go to the right party so either PM with your story or leave it here.
I'll decide after a week or so who gets it.
And USof A only please.

Oh, and if you want to see the wood before I started working it, here's one little write-up I did as a journal that the winery is using in the room.
https://paulkirchnerstudios.blogspot.co ... obles.html

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

TenLayers wrote:The forum has given me so much, I wanted to give something back.
Wow, that's gorgeous. It's your call, but I hope this goes to a member who's a regular to the site, not someone who joined just to get it. :wink:
Dan Kehn

TenLayers (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by TenLayers (original poster) »

Copy this. Thanks

ira
Team HB

#4: Post by ira »

I'd hate to be the person who has to make that decision.

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Ha! If TenLayers has too many takers, I can use the MVP drawing code to pick (click here for the last time it was used - highest drawing number wins, players have 3 chances).
Dan Kehn

TenLayers (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by TenLayers (original poster) »

Want to say thank you to all who PM'd me. I appreciate all the replies. I decided to send it to the East Coast, long time H-B'er where it will be sitting next to his Speedster!
Paul