[SOLD] Compak E8 83mm flat burr grinder with single-dosing hopper (San Francisco, CA)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
Miles

#1: Post by Miles »

Hello! I'm selling my Compak E8, which I bought it as an interim grinder while waiting for my Monolith MAX preorder to arrive. The MAX is finally here, so the E8 is ready to find its new home! This is the standard 83mm stainless steel burr version, not red speed. MSRP new is $1750. I purchased this grinder March 1st of this year, so it's just over 6 months old. It has only ground approx. 25 lbs of coffee so far, exclusively for espresso. I set it up for single-dosing by adding the Orphan Espresso short hopper & bean weight (an additional $60 value), and removing the declumper. I also removed the lower portafilter hook to facilitate grinding into a grounds catch cup. Of course all of these items are included, and I can reinstall any or all of them for you. The original hopper is in a separate box that has never been opened. If you want to single-dose with this grinder, I will also include new, unused silicone bellows. All original packaging, manual, etc. included.

Asking $1250. That's $560 below new retail for this setup, in exchange for me seasoning the burrs for you. Local Pickup in San Francisco is preferred, but willing to ship if a local buyer is not found soon. Actual shipping costs would be at buyer's expense - 35 lbs from zip code 94109.

This grinder produces some really fantastic-tasting shots. The roaster I buy from uses a Mythos One and a VA Black Eagle in their cafe, and I'm able to get much more flavorful shots from the same beans with the E8 and my Decent DE1+. It's also super fast! It takes approx. 7.5 seconds to grind an 18g shot at a very fine setting. This is definitely intended as a commercial grinder, so you might want to consider it for use in a café or catering setup. It's also a great grinder for home use if you have enough counter space for it. Single-dosing performance with this grinder is actually impressively good if you use the bellows.

Feel free to DM me with any questions!

Thanks,
-Miles