[SOLD] Breville Dual Boiler BES920XL

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
gabeholloway
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by gabeholloway »

For sale is my Breville Dual Boiler BES920XL. I recently purchased this with the thought that it would be used for more milk drinks. But that hasn't been the case, and I would much rather try out the new Flair 58 if I can get my hands on one.

I just purchased the BDB from this forum on March 10. The previous owner had owned it since February 2020 and had received it as a replacement machine from Breville. He made 2-4 shots/day with daily back-flushes and at least one descale without any issues. When I received it, two o-rings on top of the steam boiler needed to be replaced and the steam wand was leaky on warm-up. These are unsurprising issues and are addressed through standard maintenance items.

So I went ahead and replaced all #007 o-rings I could access, including the not-so-easily accessed one on the side of the steam boiler (it really didn't need replacement, but I figured I would do so for good measure). I also flipped the seals on the steam valve, which fixed the leaky wand. If you're unfamiliar with these maintenance items, know that they are REGULAR maintenance and don't indicate a faulty machine. For more information on these things and more, take a look at the initial post on this thread: Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance. Finally, I performed a descale and then a code reset to clear out the persistent descale message.

I've made 2-4 shots/day using only Third Wave Water and a couple of gallons of SCA water. I have 9 remaining packets of Third Wave Water and an unopened 4oz packet of potassium bicarbonate that I will include with the machine (potassium bicarbonate for mixing R.Pavlis water). I've performed daily water-only back-flushes and weekly back-flushes with Cafiza.

Other included items are: like-new bottomless portafilter and extra basket (Breville), knock-box, original accessories - double-spouted portafilter, 3 non-pressurized baskets and 2 pressurized, 16oz milk jug for steaming, tamper, razor tool, steam wand and hot water spout tool, and a pack of extra #007 o-rings (more than you'll ever need).

All in I have right around $1000 in this machine and accessories that I'm offering here. So I'm asking $900 which includes packaging and shipping it anywhere in the CONUS. I'm willing to entertain offers but ask that they be reasonable. PayPal provides protection for both the buyer and seller, so I prefer that payment method only. Finally, I will oversee packaging through the UPS store (one I've used many times and trust their work) and will ship via UPS. But if you prefer another shipping method, I'll gladly ship your preferred way.

TL;DR
Regular maintenance items have been performed on this machine and it is ready for a new owner to enjoy. There are no issues. The extra bottomless portafilter and basket are a great upgrade (~$100). Asking $900, obo.