[SOLD] Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL/A (Seattle)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
STG

#1: Post by STG »

Hi there. Please read carefully:

This is a Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL/A model from 2011. I am the original owner of this machine! It would be well suited to someone who is handy and likes to tinker; I say this because you will eventually need to maintain it. The good news is, there is a ton of info out there on it and you will not find a better performing espresso machine for this price!

A few pros:
-I replaced the pump and OPV roughly a year ago.
-I replaced the solenoid valve roughly two years ago.
-I replaced most of the O-rings on the boilers. I have a bag of 50-100 silicone O-rings of the two sizes that this machine uses that I will include.
-Includes naked portafiler and extra Synesso basket.
-Includes a bunch of in-tank filters.
-Will include hose and syringe that you can use for descaling.
-Includes spare solenoid valve.

Quirks:
-Solenoid valve will fail eventually; it's a well known issue. As a bonus, like I mentioned above I am including a spare, brand new solenoid valve should you need it when the time comes.
-Another well known issue: the pressure will cause the portafilter to spin out sometimes. Unless you like wet espresso grounds all over your kitchen, you should avoid this. You have to either hold it, or really reef on it to keep it locked in. Replacing the main group head gasket may help with this. I haven't looked into it. The naked portafilter is far less likely to do this.
-Descaling the machine is quite involved (you have to rinse/siphon out the solution. I will include the hose/syringe to help with this task). Luckily Seattle water is quite soft and I just descaled it and you won't need to do it for a while.
-Mods (is this really a quirk?): The only mod I've done to this machine is the "Slayer" shot / pressure profiling mod. This turns the hot water knob into a pressure regulation device so you can do "pressure profiling" shots. This modification disables the hot water spout that was fairly useless anyway. It is 100% reversible, but why would you; this mod makes it compete with machines 4-5x it's original retail price.

Including a branded RB tamper and distribution tool to sweeten the deal.

Asking: $500.

STRONGLY prefer local pick-up in Greenlake, Seattle, but I am willing to work out a shipping deal if I'm not getting bites locally.

If this sounds like it's up your alley, shoot me a message.