[SOLD] Astoria Sibilla project espresso machine on the cheap

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
thepatman

#1: Post by thepatman »

This is a project I picked up but can't finish. I would love to see this go to a good home, it's sad to see it collecting dust. I paid 500 dollars for the machine and put another 200 dollars into new parts. I will detail my journey as much as possible, please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Purchased sight unseen. I stripped the machine down to the frame knowing I would need to get into the boiler to check for scale. Everything came apart easily until I got to 2 out of 3 of the heat exchangers. I have a post detailing it, but they're stuck. They cracked and bulged, you'd need to get crafty to get them out and then work on finding replacements.

Beyond the above major issue, I know the machine is missing some decor here and there, potentially missing one portafilter (can't recall) but other than that it is complete. Once I got it down to the frame I spent some time sanding off rust / scale from the metal, got to the point where I was about to descale all of the copper tubing and then gave up on the project.

I can confirm that it powered on but can't confirm if it heated up.

Someone throw me 100 bucks and it's yours.

Shipping will be a pain, freight, and will be the buyers responsibility, but if you're around the Utah area you can pick up. Also willing to part out if there's interest.