[SOLD] '88 refurbished Olympia Cremina lever

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
3cordcreations

#1: Post by 3cordcreations »

Hey coffee folks, I'm letting my really good condition 110v Cremina go. We are in central IL so if we can arrange a local sale that would be preferred, esp if you want to see it first and try it out.
I have many extras and additions done to it.
It has really nice chrome and stainless on it. The original brown paint is in excellent condition. There is a small blemish in the chrome on the head that is hard to pick up in a photo. The boiler is clean and outside is nickel plated.
This has new seals and gaskets as of a year ago. Update: I just replaced piston seals with oem rubber orings from Cerini's. Dec 31.
I have upgraded to walnut handles on the bottomless pf and lever handle, as well as walnut handles on the tamper and leveler/ grooming tool. I have the black original handle as well as the original spouted pf. I have a few baskets, single and double Strietman baskets, new oem double and older single. I also have a black pf funnel from Creativewerk, most of the upgrades came from him.
I added stainless lever pins without the clips that look nicer imo and are much easier to take on and off.
I have a new vented boiler cap with red center from Cerini's.

All these additions add up plus the fact of how nice this unit is I would need (lowered to). I can do PayPal invoice or send an invoice via Square. I don't need to sell but I also don't use it that often and I may want a spring lever.

Shipping in CONUS without insurance should be around $40-50, adding full purchase price insurance adds about $40 for Priority Mail, not included.
Let me know if you have questions and thanks for considering this fine machine!

*Added, the case is not perfect since this is a vintage machine and hasn't been repainted. There are a few small nicks I tried to show, but for a 1988 it's one of the nicest I have seen. Just know this is not a "like new" condition unit as it is vintage.

A three cord strand is not easily broken...

3cordcreations (original poster)

#2: Post by 3cordcreations (original poster) »

Added a few more detailed photos and updated description.

I really haven't seen many refurbished machines in this good of condition. Except for the few nicks on the case on the few marks on the group, this must have been pampered over the years. It looks like to me the element was replaced from having the new thick teflon gasket and the wiring position looks different. All the wiring has likely been redone as the connections are good and wire is pliable.

#3: Post by 3cordcreations (original poster) »

Still available.

#4: Post by 3cordcreations (original poster) »

Price reduced to $1,500.

#5: Post by 3cordcreations (original poster) »

Update.
I changed the piston seals over the holidays and added some fabric insulbrite insulation around boiler, easily removable. Also some reflective foam tape on the inside of the case. This keeps the case cooler on the outside and both may help the cycling efficiency. I didn't time the cycle time before :oops:

The lever is smooth and easy to operate. I prefer these oem rubber seals now compared to the silicone seals I took off.