[SOLD] 2018 Bezzera Strega $2000

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
walt_in_hawaii

#1: Post by walt_in_hawaii »

I've had this machine since about April of this year, and have used it for about 3 months. I usually made a couple milk drinks a day... but since then, my tastes have changed completely and I've gone to singles instead of doubles, and straight espresso shots instead of milk drinks. I have picked up another lever and find I prefer that one to the Strega, so the Strega is regretfully up for sale as I have not even turned it on for a couple months now. Only bottled water from day 1. Always with a towel on both the splash tray and the top, drying tray, so there are zero scratches anywhere. Always used a bowl or cup to catch water, so the tray has never been used, never removed to empty, it is spotless. (the towel absorbs water from the little OPV valve, so it never drips into the tray at all) this is as close as you will find to new/spotless. I am using it as a tank model, but it came with a stainless braided hose so you can plumb it if you want. There are NO scratches or dings or anything. I paid around $2350 for it, and since then have spent more on other items like the dimmer switch and the fitting to divert the steam valve runoff away from the tray, but these are still new and never installed. Case has never been opened. The Strega also has a 4 way coupling junction inside, and one of these is capped off (blank), so it will easily take a hose so you can see the pressure inside the grouphead... I bought a pressure gauge with the capillary tube to connect to that fitting (its brand new) but have not installed it, I was going to put that in at same time as the dimmer switch mod so I could adjust the pre-infusion pressure manually and actually read the pressure going to the puck in real time and adjust as I needed to. I have another machine, a La Pavoni, which uses the same portafilters, so the factory portafilters have never been used except for about a couple days when I just got it, and then only one of those. Both look new/unused. Have factory box and packing material. Would like to keep this as pickup only for now so limited to Oahu, Hawaii; if you are on neighbor island, I'll consider shipping but you pay shipping of course. I see that Amazon seems to have taken this one down; you can't get it there anymore for some reason. Not sure why, but if you are in Hawaii (Oahu) this is your chance. With the accessories I have spent around $2500 for everything, and its mostly new, so $2000 seems fair.