[FS] 1981 Elektra Microcasa a Leva

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
jevenator

#1: Post by jevenator » Oct 28, 2019, 6:15 pm

For sale is a recently acquired 1981 Elektra MCAL from a home downsizing. A rich couple that are now retired had this machine standing for decoration and was never used by them. I bought it off them and ordered Stefano's gasket repair kit to replace all the gaskets. I was able to replace the boiler top cap gasket, grouphead to boiler gasket, shower screen gasket. The boiler had barely any scale inside that I did not bother to descale it. There are no leaks and it heats up as it should.

I will include all other gaskets that is included and also brand new bottomless portafilter with La Marzocco style handle & lever handle, and 49.5mm short palm tamper all from Creativewerks in LA. Max sells on Etsy & Ebay and makes beautiful things and I am in love with it. Also, brand new 18g Elektra double basket.

Few nuances that you should be aware of. The original brass inlet pipe that screws onto the group-head snapped off when I was taking off the group-head and I replaced it with a new one. It's currently in the boiler still because I was not able to disassemble the boiler end plate. The pressure stat is not working and is the old version that I have not disassembled but I suspect it is the diaphragm that is in there. There's a thread on HB that others reported the problem and the diaphragm is no longer made but can be replaced by a cut out piece of rubber. The other option is to buy the "modern" version from Stefano $40 fix. The other option is to deal with it and manually turn the machine on and off to remain within brew pressure and MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LEAVE IT ON because pressure will continue to build because when I got to 2.4bar there was no safety pressure release anywhere. You can release pressure by opening the steam wand which is fully operable.

I've always wanted to try out a spring lever and honestly I love the experience. I have pulled shots from a washed Guatemalan and a NP Ethiopian and it produces wonderful shots that taste very clear in the flavors. I think I actually prefer it to my flow-profiled shots I get from BDB and you just sacrifice on mouthfeel. BUT, my wife thinks it's super ugly and the BDB is easier for us to use and has a faster warmup time and dedicated boiler for steaming. I have the Cafelat Robot when I want to play around with manual lever machines. We also don't have that much room in our tiny apartment kitchen as well for all my coffee gear. I just don't see it being used more than 1-2 times a week and excitement factor will fall off later and so I want this machine to go to a dedicated espresso enthusiast that will take care of this machine because it's a rare beauty for a machine this old in the barely used condition it is in.

From Stefano's Espresso Care
Gaskets + Group Inlet Tube = 74.1

From Max on CreativeWerks
1. Palm tamper $35.00
2. Bottomless PF-Brass $85.00
3. Handle set - La marzacco style $40.00
Total = $160.00

All that is really needed is the Pressurestat MATER for Elektra SKU/Part #: 01344035 = $39.95 (Not Purchased). I was thinking of buying it to use with my machine so that I can kind of set it and forget it and come back to pull a shot but I'm going to discount the machine $50 to compensate you having to buy it.

Right now looking to get $700 + 1/2 of the shipping costs or $680 Local
Pickup in San Diego.

No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good.
― C.S. Lewis

jevenator

#2: Post by jevenator » Nov 09, 2019, 6:49 pm

Price dropped a bit.
― C.S. Lewis

jevenator

#3: Post by jevenator » Nov 20, 2019, 2:56 pm

Price reduced! Send me your offers!
― C.S. Lewis