[SOLD] 1974 Microcimbali (Cambridge/Boston)

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
cidadao

#1: Post by cidadao »

1974 Microcimbali - $300 USD

I'm selling a 1974 Microcimbali that's in great physical shape but needs some repairs to brew. If you go to my post history, you'll see a fairly recent thread on gasket problems I'd been having with the machine. About a month ago, I purchased a La Spaziale, so I'll be letting my beloved lever go.

If adequately maintained, the machine will produce delicious espresso and has ample steam power. It's a very simple design-basically a kettle on top of a lever-actuated group-and thus is simple to maintain and repair. I pull 4-6 shots a day, which simply placed too much strain on the MC's gaskets.

You can read about the machine and its journey at https://www.mugshotnyc.com/74-microcimbali, where I purchased the unit. There's a bit more wear on the machine now that it's been a bit more heavily used, but you can compare with the attached photos.

I'm including all the original accessories as well as those I purchased for the unit, including the original MC tamper, portafilter, two IMS precision baskets that I milled down to fit the bespoke PF.

Strong preference for local buyers (Boston/Cambridge, able to drive to certain locations in tristate), though I will ship at the buyer's expense.