[SOLD] 1963 La Pavoni Europiccola 110v

Used espresso or coffee stuff you hope to sell or buy.
grog

#1: Post by grog »

Selling my 1963 La Pavoni Europiccola. I got this from Francesco Ceccarelli in the spring of 2014, so you know it was meticulous at the time I acquired it. It's a beautiful machine and like everything from Francesco, worked perfectly out of the box.

This is an early version with no drip tray, and the paint on the 'drip tray area' has some scratches that I attribute to several decades of porcelain cups scraping over it. Overall the paint is in very good shape, and the chrome is really stunning considering its age. The rubber sub-base is in excellent condition considering the machine is 55 years old.

I've cleaned and lubed the piston and seals every three months or so. I'll also include a set of brand new silicon seals from OE. The only other seal I've replaced is the original heating element gasket, which was failing. I also swapped in a new plastic mushroom on the OPV, in place of the original steel ball. Other upgrades include brass lever pins in place of the dreaded circlip style pins and a roller bearing in place of the standard spacer, to absolutely minimize the possibility of slot wear.

This came to me as a 220v machine and I have run it off of native current as long as I've had it. I have now converted it to 110v with an OEM La Pavoni element that I had from another restoration project, and a fine thread ring I was able to source. I also replaced the OEM power cable with a new North American style plug and power cord. I've shown the new setup in photos. All of the original 220v parts (original element, original boiler ring, euro power cord) will be included in the sale.

I also swapped out a 3 way switch for the OEM switch, which only had high and low settings. You have to unplug the machine or turn off your power strip with the OG switches. The new switch I've added is of Japanese manufacture and has been in place for over a year with no issues whatsoever. I'll include the OEM switch and wiring harness as well in the event the buyer wishes to revert to that set up.

Also included in the sale: OEM portafilter, OEM single and double baskets, one Elektra double that accommodates up to 18g, and one Strietman double basket that accommodates up to 14g. The Strietman baskets are precision baskets made by IMS. Happy to email more photos upon request.

Asking $600 $500 shipped. No fees on Venmo or PayPal. Local pickup in Seattle area is fine too.
LMWDP #514