XBloom all-in-one coffee brewer (Kickstarter) - Page 8

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
BlueWater

#71: Post by BlueWater »

Shakespeare wrote:
" The other unknown is the grinder. As long as it can be bypassed" not sure what being said.
I think the question is whether a grinder separate from Xbloom (such as an Apex) can be used. I have the same question; it would be annoying to find out that the scale must detect a mass of some target under the grinder before moving to the brew cycle.

Jonk

#72: Post by Jonk »

BlueWater wrote:I think the question is whether a grinder separate from Xbloom (such as an Apex) can be used.
Yes. It now seems that the built-in grinder could be fine, for example I wouldn't take for granted that Gevi's is better.. But it would offer more flexibility if Xbloom allows users to use a grinder of their own choice.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#73: Post by Shakespeare »

JONK
Yes. It now seems that the built-in grinder could be fine, for example I wouldn't take for granted that Gevi's is better.. But it would offer more flexibility if Xbloom allows users to use a grinder of their own choice.
I think the Gevi had the ability to grind at a larger range of grind sizing than what the XBloom can do. And it offered to let you grind your coffee without using the brew device.
If the XBloom does program this in their device, it would be excellent. But, range of the grinder is limited.
And wouldn't provide for espresso.

Why I was so thrilled..was the broad range of programming steps and range that is offered.
In allowing so many opportunities in creating our own personal brew recipes.

I have a Kalita 155... The same papers that are used in the XBloom pods.
And I have a 5 step pour using my 'Kalita Wave' that is very complicated. And it takes to much time and effort.
I still do this complicated pour over because I enjoy the excellent coffee it makes.

I think I will enjoy it more, watching my XBloom perform all- 'my coffee rituals' ,
As my automatic Barista each morning and evening. As I practice my Zen, by 'doing less and devote time for sitting' :)

heytchap

#74: Post by heytchap »

Very little Xbloom news lately

baldheadracing
Team HB

#75: Post by baldheadracing replying to heytchap »

The funding campaign has ended.

Backers are waiting for units.

Production has encountered delays.

I wouldn't expect anything newsworthy until units are in backer's hands, and a new "user experience" thread is started.

(The same things happen with most coffee-related Kickstarters that use a plug.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

heytchap

#76: Post by heytchap »

Yeah, totally. I just want news from Xbloom directly - this is how our process is going, we've e completed x number of units, this is a new hurdle, etc.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#77: Post by baldheadracing replying to heytchap »

You'll have to go to Kickstarter, and read the updates and comments. They've restricted updates to backers, but they do post in the comments - which is where the delay I mentioned above was announced.

heytchap

#78: Post by heytchap »

I'm in there. It's silent there. That's why I'm here :mrgreen:

baldheadracing
Team HB

#79: Post by baldheadracing replying to heytchap »

Until units are in backer's hands, anything you read here will be coming from there :mrgreen:.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#80: Post by Shakespeare »

Is the delay until April? just confused due to the lack of clear communication.
I remember there were differences in the ship dates in the original offering on kickstarter< depending on how early was your purchase.
I'm assuming that those differences are not relevant anymore.
So, we have moved from a January/February delivery schedule to a March/April timeframe. Do I have this correct?